• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Houses -1% in December - WE ARE DOOMED!"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    I'd rather just do what Mordac does, live in Surrey and claim that you live in Richmond.
    At least I'm not a fecking immigrant...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Well, not Slough yet but I fear I'll get around to it someday.
    It's bad. Really bad.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces
    London? Croydon? Slough? Reading?

It's all the same to me, a rat race hell hole.

Get yourselves out into the sticks and breath some decent clean air in the company of friendly people
    Feck I wouldn't live there!

I've recently worked in those places. Well, not Slough yet but I fear I'll get around to it someday.

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    London? Croydon? Slough? Reading?

It's all the same to me, a rat race hell hole.

Get yourselves out into the sticks and breath some decent clean air in the company of friendly people

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Chelsea is OK, but Croydon is horrible.
    Have a look at the crime statistics, you'll be surprised.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    The quality of life under many respects remains fairly similar in Croydon and in Chelsea
    Chelsea is OK, but Croydon is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The quality of life under many respects remains fairly similar in Croydon and in Chelsea for this reason.
    Wrong.

Sure there are a few more nice restaurants and pubs in Chelsea, but I wouldn't pay 5-10 times more just for that....
    It's a moot point as you can't afford it anyway

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    BTW What's going on at Plainmoor, SB? Will they close down?
    They are in freefall wendigo. Can't see anything else for them but Conference next season. Still, at least they will be able to have derby matches with Exeter again!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Yes it's true London avoidsw ghettoes. Just as well. The rest is bollocks.
    Chelsea is infinitely better in all respects than Croydon. Even the chavs behave better there because they realise they are lucky to live there.
    So don't try to justify your crap postcode.
    It's true, I shouldn't have used the word "ghetto" as indeed there aren't in London. But London is made with infinite bad spots alternated with good areas just everywhere. And as such, there is no idillic place to live. The quality of life under many respects remains fairly similar in Croydon and in Chelsea for this reason. Sure there are a few more nice restaurants and pubs in Chelsea, but I wouldn't pay 5-10 times more just for that....

p.s. and chavs are chavs, no matter where they are from....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No, every country has got good and bad sides. But certainly I wouldn't spend a fortune to live anywhere in London. All places have more or less the same amount of chavs/green/pollution/services/crime/etc.. Just have a look at the crime statistics, you'd be surprised that even Chelsea has got the same levels as Croydon, for example. One street is nice, turn around the corner and it became hell. Yet, the former costs three times more than the latter. You pay only for the postcode. No, thanks, I don't care. I'd rather just do what Mordac does, live in Surrey and claim that you live in Richmond.
    Yes it's true London avoidsw ghettoes. Just as well. The rest is bollocks.
    Chelsea is infinitely better in all respects than Croydon. Even the chavs behave better there because they realise they are lucky to live there.
    So don't try to justify your crap postcode.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    You could always move to Napoli Francko!!
    Well, there are nice parts in Napoli. Vomero is a beautiful neighborhood. It's not anywhere close to the Spanish neighborhoods and you don't risk to be shot there (well, that's already an advantage in Naples ).

If only Maradona was still playing....

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Or Devon!

BTW What's going on at Plainmoor, SB? Will they close down?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    No, every country has got good and bad sides. But certainly I wouldn't spend a fortune to live anywhere in London. All places have more or less the same amount of chavs/green/pollution/services/crime/etc.. Just have a look at the crime statistics, you'd be surprised that even Chelsea has got the same levels as Croydon, for example. One street is nice, turn around the corner and it became hell. Yet, the former costs three times more than the latter. You pay only for the postcode. No, thanks, I don't care. I'd rather just do what Mordac does, live in Surrey and claim that you live in Richmond.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Yes, let's make the culture more like Italy, not!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Yes, stupid aren't I?

Whatever floats your boat....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X