• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barclays - confirmation of your personal details"

Collapse

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I usually use the BT Yahoo client, so that's no good. I need something that works before it gets to my BT Yahoo inbox, and I don't think I can add anything to BT's Spamguard (sic!).

I've got other anti-spam stuff at my Outlook client end, but I don't always use it.
    I run my own domain so what I do is forward all mail received there to my spamcop box. Then I can either read it from anywhere using the spamcop webmail client or download it using Outlook or your mail client of choice by polling the POP3 box in the usual way.

The beauty is the spam blocking is done server side so you never see it unless you want to look in the server side spam box. Cut my spam receipts client side from 150-200/day to 4 or 5 a day overnight.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    Just hire somebody from Bangalore to check the emails and remove the spam for you. Surely it's cheaper than buying any software?
    I'm with BT Yahoo - so that's what I'm doing now!

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    I usually use the BT Yahoo client, so that's no good. I need something that works before it gets to my BT Yahoo inbox, and I don't think I can add anything to BT's Spamguard (sic!).

I've got other anti-spam stuff at my Outlook client end, but I don't always use it.
    Just hire somebody from Bangalore to check the emails and remove the spam for you. Surely it's cheaper than buying any software?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Jack
    (Can http://www.spamcop.net be piggy-backed onto BT Yahoo)

If BT Yahoo can forward all mail received, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    I just run my own mail server and spamassassin makes short work of most spams with some good rules set up.
    Snap

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    odd - my yahoo mail places 99% of those bank and erectile things directly into the spam folder.
    Same here with the banks. My original point was how come we are still receiving them, which has sort of been answered. I think.

The spam that gets through BT Yahoo's filters to me is rarely erectile or other easily-spotted stuff.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    I've been receiving this spam / phishing expedition every day for weeks now. How come it hasn't been closed down yet, and the perpetrators banged to rights?
    Becuase they are generally sent via remote computers that have been hijacked.

tim

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Private.

I get over 200 spams a day now, of which BT Yahoo only manage to intercept half of them, despite me marking all spam in my inbox.
    odd - my yahoo mail places 99% of those bank and erectile things directly into the spam folder.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    If BT Yahoo can forward all mail received, yes.

What's a contractor doing using BT Yahoo anyway?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    http://www.spamcop.net

At $30pa worth its weight in gold.
    Can it be piggy-backed onto my BT Yahoo account?

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied

Which, considering that we are talking about software, would be nothing, so you are overpaying $30 pa for the stuff

(BI in pedantic mode)

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I just run my own mail server and spamassassin makes short work of most spams with some good rules set up.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    PS Wendigo - do you receive these spams in your private or work email account ?
    Private.

I get over 200 spams a day now, of which BT Yahoo only manage to intercept half of them, despite me marking all spam in my inbox.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    I've been receiving this spam / phishing expedition every day for weeks now. How come it hasn't been closed down yet, and the perpetrators banged to rights?
    same same!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X