• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Girl killed by pit bull terrier"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I freely admit that at times I can be a white collar red-neck. One of those times is when I read your story about hitting a dog as hard as you could with a large stick.
    Weak people seem to need to project their pent up agression through their pets.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I freely admit that at times I can be a white collar red-neck. One of those times is when I read your story about hitting a dog as hard as you could with a large stick.
    It was attacking me.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Clever reply.

I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I'd like to introduce you to my dog. Then watch you squeal in agony.

Xeno in 'I've had about enough of this now' mode
    Clever reply.

I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Such a shame the dog didn't eat the whole family.

Less chavs the better.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Why do these bleeding chavs buy such vicious and unpredictable dogs ? What's the matter with them ?
    Over compensated inferiority complex brought on by ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Uses for a dead cat
    1: Door stopper
    2: Skinned & cleaned a Davy Crocket style hat can be fashioned
    3: Football for impromptu kick-about (N.B doesn't have to be dead)
    4: Strung up by the gate post provides a useful reminder for other cat-vermin owners not to let their pests roam & sh1t in other peoples gardens
    5: With a length of broom inserted - makes a useful toilet brush

Uses for a live cat
    1: Testing the concentration of your car's anti-freeze
    2: Moving target practice
    3: Cardio Vascular exercise when hurling house bricks if you can't get to the shotgun in time
    4: Testing the 4 wheel drive capabilities on your vehicle as you chase the vermin down

HTH
    Last edited by Troll; 3 January 2007, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    You're right - they tulip all over my garden instead, and then dig up all my woodchip to try and cover it up.

******* things.
    Cats - that's something else I've grown to hate, but only because of catshit.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    One example.

On a regular running route of mine in the eighties, there was a horse stable where all the riders seemed to bring their dogs. The dogs used to wait by the entrance gate, and when you went past, they'd surround you barking, jumping up, and nipping your hands and legs.

After suffering this twice, the third time I carried a large thick stick and, as I passed the stable and the dogs moved in, I whacked the biggest one I could see over the head as hard as I could. Lovely! They all ran off, and from then on whenever I ran round there, they were all standing quietly and peacefully watching as I went past.
    I'd like to introduce you to my dog. Then watch you squeal in agony.

Xeno in 'I've had about enough of this now' mode

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    On a regular running route of mine in the eighties, there was a horse stable where all the riders seemed to bring their dogs. The dogs used to wait by the entrance gate, and when you went past, they'd surround you barking, jumping up, and nipping your hands and legs.

After suffering this twice, the third time I carried a large thick stick and, as I passed the stable and the dogs moved in, I whacked the biggest one I could see over the head as hard as I could. Lovely!

They all ran off, and from then on whenever I ran round there, they were all standing quietly and peacefully watching as I went past.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Dogs stink, at least cats are clean, and don't sh1t all over the footpath
    You're right - they tulip all over my garden instead, and then dig up all my woodchip to try and cover it up.

******* things.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Because they keep the local cat vermin problem down
    They don't though do they? My cat used to chase dogs.

DOgs stink, at least cats are clean, and don't sh1t all over the footpath

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Because they keep the local cat vermin problem down

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Why would anyone want a dog?

A/ They smell of sh1t
    B/ They make your house smell sh1t
    C/ They sniff and lick sh1t and then lick your face
    D/ They eat everything, including furniture
    E/ They are really really stupid

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    But I hate dogs!
    I don't hate dogs, but I think they are utterly cowardly and despicable.

On my grand-dad's small-holding (circa 1965) , we had several dogs of various sizes, a large population of laying hens, a thriving colony of cats to keep the vermin down, and assorted goats, pigs and other critters.

The essential and well-understood hierarchy amongst these animals was: -

1) Humans (big or small ones)
    2) A mature and formidable ginger tom cat ("Rufus")
    3) "Rooster Number 1" (a one-legged, agressive, mental cock bird)
    4) Yappy, hyperactive Jack Russell bitch ("Trixy")
    5) Vicious and smelly billy goat ("Jasper")
    6) Large, elderly black and white spotted male dog of uncertain parentage ("Patch")
    7) Wives and offspring of #2 above
    8) Pigs and other ungulates (intelligent, yet utterly unambitious)
    9) Sundry nanny goats and their kids
    10) Horses (not much brains)
    11) Sheep (no brains at all)

The Dogs on the plot grew up to recognise the authority of humans, cats, goats and any other creature that had the strength of will to put them in their place. They yapped and snarled and bayed at anything that didn't stand up to them.

Dogs want leadership. They don't want to be boss - they want you (or anyone other than them) to be the boss.

When dogs find that they are the boss, they lose it completely!
    Last edited by bogeyman; 2 January 2007, 19:27.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X