• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Off to the hunt.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Off to the hunt."

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    My horse for today is getting tackled up as we speak. I can hear the hounds shouting in excitement in the background.

Any of you saboteurs get in my way and I'll give you a good thrashing.

1) Horses are never 'tackled up'

2) Hounds never 'shout'

3) Threaded couldn't fit on anything but a cart horse

HTH

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    My horse for today is getting tackled up as we speak. I can hear the hounds shouting in excitement in the background.

Any of you saboteurs get in my way and I'll give you a good thrashing.
    Threaded, Old Boy.

With which Hunt do you Hunt?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I know a chap whose dad did that.

Got four hounds.

And an appearance in court for his trouble.
    How about hunting giant alien lizards? That sounds like fun.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Caltraps? I think you'll find they're illegal, in numerous ways.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Or better still throw large metal tacks out in to your paddocks! That'll f8ck the horses!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Shaggydabbydo
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Yet for all her complaining, those feckers still kept riding over her land and there seemed to be sod all she could do about it .

Shoot'em.

Simple.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I'm not a townie. The problem with the huntsmen/women is their total disregard for everyone else who happens to live near a hunt.

I grew up in the country, and as I said in a previous post, those feckers used to just ride over my parents land as if they owned it. Now my mother is quite the animal lover and hated the idea of the hunt. One of her cats got kicked in the head by one of the horses and was nearly killed. In fact, her cats were terrified whenever the hunt came through, for obvious reasons. Yet for all her complaining, those feckers still kept riding over her land and there seemed to be sod all she could do about it - the local magistrate, police chief etc all seemed to be members of the hunt and just ignored her.

This is the problem with those people. It's not about the fox - you're right, it would probably die a nasty death somewhere sometime as that is the law of nature. It's about the hunters supposed right to lord it over everyone else. That's what the real objection is, at least in the countryside itself.
    That is not why hunting was stopped is it though ?

In your case you have a dispute because people were trespassing on your land, I would say you would be quite welcome to shoot the feckers while shouting "Oh my god, he's coming right for me!!" or "Get orf moi land!!"

Either way this is not so much about a hunt, but about people abusing your rights as owner of the land. Im sure your greivance would be identical if it was a group of people out riding, and not a hunt.

The fact of the matter is that hunts used to provide a lot of people in the country with a job, and these people are not able to go and get a new cleaning job like all the city chavs. Hunting was and is good for the country and the only reason it was banned was because of a bunch of tree hugging hippy townies who have thier heads rammed up thier asses.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm not a townie. The problem with the huntsmen/women is their total disregard for everyone else who happens to live near a hunt.

I grew up in the country, and as I said in a previous post, those feckers used to just ride over my parents land as if they owned it. Now my mother is quite the animal lover and hated the idea of the hunt. One of her cats got kicked in the head by one of the horses and was nearly killed. In fact, her cats were terrified whenever the hunt came through, for obvious reasons. Yet for all her complaining, those feckers still kept riding over her land and there seemed to be sod all she could do about it - the local magistrate, police chief etc all seemed to be members of the hunt and just ignored her.

This is the problem with those people. It's not about the fox - you're right, it would probably die a nasty death somewhere sometime as that is the law of nature. It's about the hunters supposed right to lord it over everyone else. That's what the real objection is, at least in the countryside itself.
    Don't forget to wring your cap when talking to your betters!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Bring back legal hunting!!

These townies......

Leave a comment:

• Clavdivs
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    'Ere.

Wos this clog doing stuck in my loom?
    ..just keeping you on your toes (if you have any).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Chav hunting.

Wipe 'em off the face of the planet!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Shouldn't people just hunt the animals who could actually hunt back?
    Like wolves and bears? We did that.

No, the fox is perfect because it runs away, hides, and the species survives.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    For what other purpose did the fox evolve other than fox-hunting?
    I guess the clever ones got in to childrens TV!

Haahaaaaaaaar...BOOM...BOOM!

Regards

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Shouldn't people just hunt the animals who could actually hunt back?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X