• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Limited Co and Divorce...Pls help me :)"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    quite right, what do we know SA?? Most likely he's been shagging someone else and his wife is very angry ... if that is the case then can't blame her really !!

Of course you can blame her!! I hate this fecking "men are always wrong and women can get away with anything because of it" culture we seem to have in this country. Its belittling to us propper women who aren't evil "snakes with tits".

Yes if your fella does a bad thing by all means chalk him off as a prize ***** and chuck him out, but why try and shaft his company?! Thats just viscious.

Edit: Has the swear word checker got more stern lately? I only wrote p r i c k - why should that be blanked out?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    I reckon a hitman would be cheaper and more satisfying in this situation...
    You will be able to hire Bulgarians shortly, surely they will be cheaper than Polish hitmen?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Doesn't matter the reasons, as a director you have resposibilities to the company. All more proof that you should never ever mix your business life with your personal life.

Can we have a Dear Sandy agony aunt section on this forum?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    That is such a feemale thing to say....

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Sockpuppet- keep your hair on, we were just answering SA post, also 99.9% off the threads normally to go off topic, why should this one be an expectation??

However, advice you want then advice you get:

Dear eyepeetee ... you must’ve done something to your wife to make her so angry and vengeful(I presume you left her or cheated on her, if it was she who cheated/left she wouldn't be so angry - ) hence my advice is humble yourself and apologise, tell her what a fool you have been, even if you have no intention of going back to her you have hurt her and she deserves an apology, just let her know you made a big mistake, and you behaved badly, being humble may calm her down and make her see sense !! admit your error and ask for forgiveness, tell her you wronged and you should just have been more honest about your feelings/broken marriage etc .. hope she'll calm down

Good luck , I know both of you must be suffering one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    And this has what to do with the advice?

If you want to go on a man bashing session phone up all your girlfriends, rent bridget jones, get in the red wine and convince each other that you are not really back stabbing witches.

I prefer to think that most likely she is an over bearing troll that isnt going to amount to anything and can't make it on her own so has to feck up as much as she can on the way out.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    And what exactly do we know about this split? For all we know he could have been beating her up

quite right, what do we know SA?? Most likely he's been shagging someone else and his wife is very angry ... if that is the case then can't blame her really !!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    As the 75% shareholder you can call an EGM and sack her as an employee and as a director.

Then you can take control of the accounts again and if she refuses to hand over company property you can get the plod in.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY
    Does she display any evidence of mental illness?

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Does she display any evidence of mental illness?

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    What a nice cheery Xmas thread!!

Mate, without doubt ring and speak to the VAT people asap. Also get a solicitor who deals with this sort of thing. You need to absolutely everything by the book.
    Buffoon is right about her being as resposible as you for the company, but it sounds like theres no point trying to reason with her now.

Wha a ***** of a lass - I whole heartedly apologise on behalf of my gender.

And what exactly do we know about this split? For all we know he could have been beating her up

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    eyepeetee,

If there's barely enough money in the old Ltd Co bank a/c to pay the VAT bill, I see little problems for you. Once the VAT bill is paid I see few if any problems. When the original Ltd company registration falls due and is allowed to lapse it will be struck off the companies house register anyway. Why pay for an insolvency practioner ? With no money in its bank a/c & struck off the co.house register ... the job is virtually done. Just one more 'off the shelf' ready made company for someone else to grab .. no probs.

Who is the Co secretary of the old Ltd Co - your wife ? If so that is quite good ... leave her as Co secretary as it is the Co secretary who is legally responsible for filing the annual returns etc. I think you'll find she'll resign all of her own volition. If she's got any sense she will because you could create one hell of a lot of grief for the Co secretary otherwise.

The main thing is you've got a new Ltd Co & bank a/c on its way which is great - means your old accountant will come onboard again I'd imagine.

Leave a comment:

• eyepeetee
    replied
    Thanks for all the replies guys....and sorry for the depressing threadt at crimble. I think I can take care of the VAT. Whilst they have been arses I have eventually been able to talk to someone sensible. The company is solvent and the bill can be paid if the bank acc is released so they should be cool....

Insolvency can be declared if I am unable to pay my creditors [ie mr vat] even if there is money there to do it.

Does anyone know anything about if I can, and how I can go about removing her from the company? The company, as with most, I essentially me. I set it up a long time ago and all she's doing is trying to use it as a way to get me into court over something else - fiddling the books or some HR dismissal type thing I am sure.

Fortunatley I did have a very good honest accountant. I say did, he wont deal with that company while she'd involved. I think she accused him if something random.

As for the sick leave and not coming back, you'e probably damn right. This is just a small part of a really nasty split. I feel that if I can sort this it's one less thing to think about.

New company and account on it's way. May get knocked down nut I'm gonna get back up again.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    eyepeetee,

Nice time of year to do this eh ?

Firstly
    As advised previously, telephone the VAT man and explain your wife has run off with the accounts and has frozen the bank a/c. The VATman can always get his money by issuing your bank with a Garnishy order. Maybe even suggest it to the VATman. If the money's there the bank by law have to pay it, frozen a/c or not.

Tell the VATman your wife's address informing them that is where you believe the records are being held. Your wife is likely then to have a surprise when the VATman comes a calling to inspect the records.

Next
    Start another Ltd and a new bank a/c asap. Do not pay or allow to be paid as much as possible, any more monies into your old Ltd bank a/c. That a/c is extremely vulnerable.

Same goes for your personal a/c.

Your wife has not just threatened to be vindictive - she's already started. What you can control do take control of asap.

If you have a mortgage seriously consider stopping paying the mortgage if your wife is unwilling to contribute to it, thereby protecting an investment she will no doubt expect to share. Easiest way to stop paying it is to arrange for a '12 month mortgage holiday'.

Don't 'rush' to a solicitor. First take control of what you can do ... and now.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    I reckon a hitman would be cheaper and more satisfying in this situation...
    Anyone know if hitmen fall under allowable expenses?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X