• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "the contract negotiations have started..."

Collapse

• Goya
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard
    If work is 5 minutes away walking, how come you're having problems with travel expenses? Do you wear solid gold shoes or something?
    I must have missed the answer to this question!

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    well done

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    well just an update for everyone....

10% rate rise ( I got 13% earlier this year !!)
    6 Weeks notice
    change of working location
    At least a 3 month renewal at the end of Jan but my head count is costed until the end of next year !!!

Nice little xmas gift from my current contract !!!
    result

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    oh forgot to add - just back from being taken out to lunch by the client. hic.

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied

6 Weeks notice
    At least a 3 month renewal at the end of Jan but my head count is costed until the end of next year !!!

Well done gooner!!!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied

6 Weeks notice

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone
    Go perm
    why would I want to do that, I'm earning twice what my perm counterparts earn, I can't see the company paying that for me perm...

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    I want the increased notice because work is 5 mins away walking, the rate is nice and high, the client value me, and Im enjoying what I'm doing, oh and my parter also is working for the same company...
    Go perm

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard
    If work is 5 minutes away walking, how come you're having problems with travel expenses? Do you wear solid gold shoes or something?
    It's not the travel expenses, it's the hotel he stays in!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Why would you increase the notice though? Unless you think you are getting the boot I wouldnt want to have to give 6 weeks notice anywhere.

What if you get a killer position lined up but they need you quicker than 6 weeks.
    I want the increased notice because work is 5 mins away walking, the rate is nice and high, the client value me, and Im enjoying what I'm doing, oh and my parter also is working for the same company...

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk
    Seriously though, then you are technically in breach of contract surely and open to legal repercusions?!?!
    If you are in breach of contract - the only avenue open to a Gentleman would be to shoot oneself.

I know I have.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Seriously though, then you are technically in breach of contract surely and open to legal repercusions?!?!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    What if you get a killer position lined up but they need you quicker than 6 weeks.
    Then you just leave anyway, sod the notice. After all, you have to show you are in business on your own account. Besides, the agent will always smooth things over for you, it is what they are there for after all.

hth

SB in "look after No 1" mode

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Why would you increase the notice though? Unless you think you are getting the boot I wouldnt want to have to give 6 weeks notice anywhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X