• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "(pre) middle life crisis?"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    I once watched a SF series about a guy who had received a brain transplant and the donor was a serial killer (or something like that). Obviously all kinds of murders happen right after that.
    Perhaps you should let Suffolk police know?

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    I once watched a SF series about a guy who had received a brain transplant and the donor was a serial killer (or something like that). Obviously all kinds of murders happen right after that. This was in the late 70s and was a bit weird. (I also remember a pseudo scientific film about a plant witnessing a murder and setting off the ECG machine every time the murderer appeared in its sight. Quite scary)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    1960s SF all about Organ Leggers and Organ banks and stuff.

Quite prescient considering they'd only just done the first heart transplant at the time & kidleys were only transferred from identical twins and such.
    "The Island" is a film that explores this topic.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Sorry, the reference is lost on me....
    Flycycle.

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Larry Niven was clearly prescient...
    Sorry, the reference is lost on me....

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Perhaps we could do something on Ebay - a sort of futures market where you buy the option to first dibs on motorcyclist body parts in the event of an accident.
    Well, there was an interesting article on the Economist a couple of weeks ago, advocating legalising the organ-selling trade as it will resolve the scarcity of donors. Maybe they should just populate Uk's roundabouts with "Harvester Units"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    If you PM your details I'll put you first in the list
    Perhaps we could do something on Ebay - a sort of futures market where you buy the option to first dibs on motorcyclist body parts in the event of an accident.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Wow

Is it always just beofre Xmas where everybodies birds decide to throw in the towel. Thats the second one in two weeks

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Another mobile kidney donor
    If you PM your details I'll put you first in the list

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Another mobile kidney donor

Leave a comment:

• white-anglo-reactionary
    replied
    How to look cool on a bike - rule 1

(1) avoid the "Mr. and Mrs. Power Ranger" look

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    BTW, any rider out there using/having used Tracker Monitor? I am thinking of fitting it on the bike

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    bout the same time as your body stays in one piece.

Should have gone for the Busa - it goes round corners too!!

Ride safe...

That would have beentoo scary for Mrs BI. The BB can be more easily disguised for a "SuperTourer" (i.e.: comfort and sensible riding... yeah, sure)

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    bout the same time as your body stays in one piece.

Should have gone for the Busa - it goes round corners too!!

Ride safe...

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    started a topic (pre) middle life crisis?

(pre) middle life crisis?

Mrs BI has just resigned, my contract ends in two weeks and no new gigs yet, but hey, what the heck, I have decided I am going to get myself a nice and crispy Honda Super Blackbird.

At 170+ mph, any bets on how long my license will last?

Working...
X