• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Official (TM) England - Belgium thread"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So why did england want to lose and play Columbia rather than Japan?

Or did they mess up in that group?

Looking beyond the Japan or Colombia possibility the rest of the draw means England only likely to come up against Spain (semi final meeting potential) out of the big names before the final by finishing second.

Belgium are now on the side of the draw where they may get one or more of France, Argentina, Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil.

Quite some difference.

Of course England are capable of going out to a 'lesser' team such as Iceland in the last Euro. So Colombia, Sweden, Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland are not necessarily an easier opponent.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    So why did england want to lose and play Columbia rather than Japan?

Or did they mess up in that group?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I've got some work come in. I'll take care of it tomorrow/next week
    So not a hard flounce then? Still negotiating access to the br*xit subforum?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Actually thinking about it, I may bump into him sometime. I may not be able to help myself ...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Chavtastic!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...arebar_twitter

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Stupidity rears it's head again. England should have gone out to win, now they have Colombia instead of Japan who were lucky to get second...
    Yeah well thats the choke point. But once you get past Columbia, it's almost like Brexit, sunny uplands etc.

On a serious note:
    The other side of the draw isn't good.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Worst since the one in Nov 2017. Slightly better than the one a couple of months earlier.

Maybe someone should start a thread with his top 15 flounces and we can vote for the best?

CUK is a far better forum without him ruining it and I wish he would f00k off for good.
    Well sorry I annoyed you by predicting what was going to happen

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Stupidity rears it's head again. England should have gone out to win, now they have Colombia instead of Japan who were lucky to get second...

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    What happened to the flounce?

Worst flounce ever...
    Worst since the one in Nov 2017. Slightly better than the one a couple of months earlier.

Maybe someone should start a thread with his top 15 flounces and we can vote for the best?

CUK is a far better forum without him ruining it and I wish he would f00k off for good.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    If England win against Colombia.
    I rate Columbia. Would have preferred Japan. But if we can't beat Columbia we don't deserve to win the world cup. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Worst flounce ever...
    I've got some work come in. I'll take care of it tomorrow/next week

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    I disagree. Its obvious Gareth has a game plan. Whether it succeeds or not, he 's trying to lose. Which is the right thing to do.
    My respect for him grows by the minute.
    If England win against Colombia.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    You really are a thicko, aren't you?
    Job done.
    NOw we have the easy draw. Whatever happens from now, it was the right thing to do to maximise chances.
    Go Gareth!

Worst flounce ever...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You really are a thicko, aren't you?
    Job done.
    NOw we have the easy draw. Whatever happens from now, it was the right thing to do to maximise chances.
    Go Gareth!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X