• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When was the Last Time you were Excited by Something?"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Do you really go to the trouble of searching every single phrase in every one of my posts to see if it's been coincidentally duplicated elsewhere on this forum??

It really isn't that hard, is it Scroaty...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Do you really go to the trouble of searching every single phrase in every one of my posts to see if it's been coincidentally duplicated elsewhere on this forum??

No, it's really no trouble at all....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

You've got to admit, it is inneresting, init?

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Hmmmm….inneresting….

What about those heady days of other years....?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Getting back on topic, a reminder of those heady days of '82

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Hmmmm….inneresting….

What about those heady days of other years....?

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    But, for those of you who remember us or even came to the gigs, now's your chance to relive those heady days of '89

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    OK, if we're actually playing this for real, I was at White Sh!te Lane in 2004 when we won the league. The police were very kind, they kept us locked in for an hour while the Spuds went to tool themselves up with empty beer bottles. The walk back to civilisation (Islington) was probably some people's definition of exciting, I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You've driven that - is he a friend of yours?
    What about this?
    I have done a couple of “laps of the paddock”. The owner is a buddy that competes in the Tourenwagen Classics (uses a pro driver, Stefan), I am one of the sponsors. The owner also has a Ferrari service center in Bavaria with some pretty awesome cars.

8 times a year we get together drink beer, and then go and race cars the day after - supporting the DTM.

Both Alfas are fantastic. The Q is something else. I can’t match my lap times in the M3 with it, but there are many who can.

Will PM you some photos of the vehicle, team and of course the insane parties hosted by the crazy Dutch AMG guys. Oh and the girls. Bunch of Divas.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I don't see basil lasting through the winter - it's not very hardy is it?
    Well my outdoor basil plant lasted three years, through frost and snow, although in quite a sheltered spot.

I think it was more the incessant damp weather we've had last year and this which did for it in the end.

But actually, parts of it are still hanging on. So who knows, maybe it will recover.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    The last time I was excited was last weekend when I went a convention for the TV show Supernatural and I got to meet the actors etc.

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I had a big area of flourishing mint, but that and the large basil plant next to it have succumbed to some kind of mould and both have died!

It's either mould or some horrid grubs munching away at the roots.
    I don't see basil lasting through the winter - it's not very hardy is it?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    It’s odd. I just took delivery of 9 cars. I more more excited that my Radish and Basil have germinated..
    I had a big area of flourishing mint, but that and the large basil plant next to it have succumbed to some kind of mould and both have died!

It's either mould or some horrid grubs munching away at the roots.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You've driven that - is he a friend of yours?
    What about this?
    Of course, he also gets to drive The Toy...
    I actually quite like these and it seems that Alfa have built a nice car although I have read reports that the interior is little bit cheap and tacky but should improve. However, the difference between clearedforlanding (and myself) is that you can only get up to 2nd gear and you're probably breaking the law whereas we can go all the way redlining up to 7th or 8th

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why do you need 9? could not make a decision in the show room and just decided to get them all?

He's best mates with Threaded...

Know your place!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X