• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas Present for the missus"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    It doesn't matter how hard you train, they'll always find something in need of improvement and compalin about it, but hey, that's why we love them, innit?
    God, ain't that the truth, whatever you do, don't be too nice to them, especially all the time or you are history. They think they don't like it but in reality they love being slightly on edge, it keeps them interested. Fortunately, most blokes don't have a huge amount of empathy and therefore find it easy to appear distracted sometimes which can be construed as uncaring, especially when they don't think before speaking. A woman's natural insecurity fills in the rest of the gaps.
    Yes there are exceptions on both sides and you have to keep it within certain extremes but most women don't want some bloke fawning over them, worrying where they are etc. Get the edge and keep it !

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Cheers Sal, took a few of them to get me organised but think I have got a few moves stored up now !
    It doesn't matter how hard you train, they'll always find something in need of improvement and compalin about it, but hey, that's why we love them, innit?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Gold Jewellery reminds me of Mike Reid, Bobby George, Elizabeth Duke, signet rings, mmm lovely
    Hence white gold Bagpuss, agreed gold jewellery looks terrible.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Some girl has got you well and truly trained Luke - bravo!
    Cheers Sal, took a few of them to get me organised but think I have got a few moves stored up now !

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    One of these, if someone's not suggested it yet.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/knife-block/index.html

Failing that, there is always the Morse code watch (for those who find modern communication devices so limiting...)

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    I'm at a loss. What can I give her that she hasn't already got? (and that won't clutter up my house too much)

Please no suggestions of cash/vouchers - thats too easy and even I thought of that already.
    One of these, if someone's not suggested it yet.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/knife-block/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    How about some second hand clothes? Black Dress

Oh hang on, that was today. Here was the result. BBC

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Jewellery - every day and twice on Sundays. Couple of hundred notes, white gold not silver, something simple but modern, bracelet, necklace.
    Easy to wrap (or they will do it), it's a luxury and can't be construed otherwise, keep the receipt.
    HTH
    Gold Jewellery reminds me of Mike Reid, Bobby George, Elizabeth Duke, signet rings, mmm lovely

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Jewellery - every day and twice on Sundays. Couple of hundred notes, white gold not silver, something simple but modern, bracelet, necklace.
    Easy to wrap (or they will do it), it's a luxury and can't be construed otherwise, keep the receipt.
    HTH
    Some girl has got you well and truly trained Luke - bravo!

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Or something like this:

http://www.thewolseley.com/eCommerce...3/Default.aspx

Or a weekend in Paris.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Spoken like a true contractor!! Did you expense it...

some of it will be yes!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Bonhams etc have some antique watch auctions coming up, I could give you some names if you need them.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    it was my other halfs birthday the other weekend, we went to Grayshot Spa near Guilford, very nice, but then it should have been for a tad under £1000
    Spoken like a true contractor!! Did you expense it...

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    How about a holiday / spa weekend or bling
    it was my other halfs birthday the other weekend, we went to Grayshot Spa near Guilford, very nice, but then it should have been for a tad under £1000

Leave a comment:

Working...
X