• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Where in London ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where in London ?"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DanTheMan
    So where's good that's close to the start of the M3?

Southampton? on second thoughts no

Leave a comment:

• DanTheMan
    replied
    So where's good that's close to the start of the M3?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    200k!! 200K? I thought this was a contractor's forum.
    £200k is just the stamp duty

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Renting - seen them as low as 361 for a room, 1000 for a 2-bed apartment, and these are decent flats too, none of your student rubbish.
    200k for a 2 bed is normal - Snellers is a good agent (did i just say those words???)

200k!! 200K? I thought this was a contractor's forum.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Snellers are W@n#er$

Mordy in "Trust me, they are" Mode
    ??? oh.
    I've had no bad experiences with them - but probably 'cos I know the owner's daughter. I know Dexters * allegedly * screwed over our neighbours with the deposit etc - not aware of similar with Snellers.

Erk

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Snellers are W@n#er$

Mordy in "Trust me, they are" Mode

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Where are these bargain flats? it seems to be 200k for a bedsit ('studio apartment') above a Halal butchers.
    Renting - seen them as low as 361 for a room, 1000 for a 2-bed apartment, and these are decent flats too, none of your student rubbish.
    200k for a 2 bed is normal - Snellers is a good agent (did i just say those words???)

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    RH do you commute to central London, if so, how do you find it ?

Also, does anyone commute from Tunbridge Wells, I really like Kent, but I've heard the commute is horrid.
    I commute to Waterloo every day and walk into Southwark - takes 25min on the train - door to door is about 35min. South West trains have been a bit shaky over the past 2 weeks with engineering - had to leave 15min earlier - but normally ok. Trains run every 10-15min. Great for Reading, London, Bristol and Windsor.

BI... never heard of that pub - I'll check it out! The best one is the Fox - 17th Century and lively locals.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    I can vouch for that - some bargain flats to buy or rent down York Street or Amyand Park Road. After living here for over a year I'm staying put in Twickenham or St Margarets. Bit of a noise issue every other weekend, but apart from that some excellent pubs, cafes, restaurants and only a short hop to Richmond and surrounding parks.

** edit ** Oh, and only 25min to Waterloo by rail
    Where are these bargain flats? it seems to be 200k for a bedsit ('studio apartment') above a Halal butchers.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Thanks Mordy And you used the word "honest" in the same line as my name.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again, promise...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    RH do you commute to central London, if so, how do you find it ?

Also, does anyone commute from Tunbridge Wells, I really like Kent, but I've heard the commute is horrid.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac

Welcome back Dodgy. We've missed you (honest)
    Thanks Mordy And you used the word "honest" in the same line as my name.

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Small world. I used to leave in Amyand Parkl Road (I may even go back there if I get a London gig in January). Ever been to the St. Margaret's pub? Used to serve really good food but not anymore since they closed for a few weeks last summer (changed management?). And where have all those gorgeous girls gone???

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    Twickenham is nice and not as expensive as Richmond (if you don't mind the 80000 rugby fan invasion every once in a while). Isleworth is an up and coming area and has some good property, too
    I can vouch for that - some bargain flats to buy or rent down York Street or Amyand Park Road. After living here for over a year I'm staying put in Twickenham or St Margarets. Bit of a noise issue every other weekend, but apart from that some excellent pubs, cafes, restaurants and only a short hop to Richmond and surrounding parks.

** edit ** Oh, and only 25min to Waterloo by rail

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    The other advantage of living in SW London is that there are few people with chips on their shoulders as they have all moved to SE London.

Welcome back Dodgy. We've missed you (honest)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X