• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the UK still a christian country?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    I guess we will have to see whats happening closer to the time.. I reckon I've got another 50+ years yet.

The the two fall backs that come to mind are BodyWorlds and the trusty wheely bin.

Ill be dead, I wont care, Ive basically told the family to do whatever they want, my preference would be as low a cost as possible if that means hiring a tree shredder for a few hours so be it!
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Average funeral is about £3500 there are now 'Straight to Crem' funerals where you effectively get picked up, dumped in a cheap coffin and then cremated - no service, no hearse, no flowers etc - maybe what you want!

Dissolving in alkaline solutions is know as resumation - is being used in a few states in America - not really sure it is going to take off over here but we shall see - greener than cremation but we always have committed dead bodies to fires or into the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Maybe dissolving your body is an option?
    Dissolving the dead - alkaline hydrolysis a new alternative to burial and cremation - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    There are too many bodies being offered for science, most are refused
    I guess we will have to see whats happening closer to the time.. I reckon I've got another 50+ years yet.

The the two fall backs that come to mind are BodyWorlds and the trusty wheely bin.

Ill be dead, I wont care, Ive basically told the family to do whatever they want, my preference would be as low a cost as possible if that means hiring a tree shredder for a few hours so be it!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    I jokingly told my wife just to put me in the wheely bin as I genuinly dont care what happens after Im dead, then after a bit of thought decided that full body donation was the way to go.
    Zero cost, no body to worry about just ring up and say "He's ready" and its done. They can whip out any bits worth salvage and use the rest to train doctors on how to operate *

* Or they can just stand back and marvel at my amazing physique (Amazing in the 'Oh my god, I think Im going to be sick' freak show sense)
    There are too many bodies being offered for science, most are refused

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have already told my wife and children that I don't care what happens after I go. Why should I?

If they should think of me, then try to be contented with life. Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Was that Aristotle?

If they HAVE to do something with my body - then body farm for me.....
    I jokingly told my wife just to put me in the wheely bin as I genuinly dont care what happens after Im dead, then after a bit of thought decided that full body donation was the way to go.
    Zero cost, no body to worry about just ring up and say "He's ready" and its done. They can whip out any bits worth salvage and use the rest to train doctors on how to operate *

* Or they can just stand back and marvel at my amazing physique (Amazing in the 'Oh my god, I think Im going to be sick' freak show sense)

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied

I am thinking particularly of the burka ban. Which I hope is not repeated here. In my opinion, freedom of choice should take priority.
    I'm going to have to go and dig out the documentary where BNP (its an old one) members were interviewed and in the same breath said :

1. Burkas should be banned because Islam uses them to subjugate women.
    2. People should be able to choose to wear what they want.

I personally think its all or nothing.. If we ban the Burka we ban ALL religious clothing, no more nuns in habits no more priests with dog collars.. Obviously this is stupid so why focus on one particular item of clothing?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    33% of people believe they have a guardian angel. which they do. Luck....
    Especially if you live in Basildon: Vigilante 'Essex Angels' patrol streets saying police don't do enough | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    Isaiah Haastrup: 'God should decide' when baby dies - BBC News

Well surely 'He' already has, since the baby can only survive with a respirator?
    As such, prolonging the agony is actually against 'His' judgement.........but no, this particular theist will have 'God' in the copper wires & controlling the animas of all concerned.

Madness on stilts.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    Perhaps because many people who've thrown out God can't resist filling the hole with something else. The seemingly innate desire to 'believe in something' is strong.....must. resist!
    33% of people believe they have a guardian angel. which they do. Luck....

Leave a comment:

• bulltraderpt
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Very different 'cultures' and beliefs in NI. England will, in a short space a of time, if not already, experience very similar problems to NI.
    It already is, but isn't reported for some strange reason by the MSM, funny that.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It was a minor deflection, the main point was that in NI they had segregated education, with people calling themselves Christian, and the segregation of education is part of why the troubles went on as long as they did.
    Very different 'cultures' and beliefs in NI. England will, in a short space a of time, if not already, experience very similar problems to NI.

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    I usually find posters like you are as fooled by "scientists" as they are by priests....
    Perhaps because many people who've thrown out God can't resist filling the hole with something else. The seemingly innate desire to 'believe in something' is strong.....must. resist!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Judging from some of our members' postings, I'm not sure it ever has been!
    Don't speak about WTFH like that. He is very nice about you.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    I don't think faith schools should be allowed, nor any truck be given to 'Faiths' receiving preferential treatment to public services.

Even the relatively mild approach of RME in Scottish schools is too biased, the kids get to hear all about 'mutual respect' (what a joke; Pakistan/India, middle-east, Ireland etc ring any bells?) but they never actually get told about Allah/Yahweh's requirements regarding genital mutilation or the endemic subjugation of women.
    I usually find posters like you are as fooled by "scientists" as they are by priests....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It will take another 10 to the power of 100 years until the last black hole has been evaporated.

but after that not really a sea, if there are many cubic light years between each single photon
    But what about when the photons decay?

What is the lifetime of a photon? - physicsworld.com

Do we just end up surfing on a quantum foam?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X