• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Poster Recruitment Drive"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We know you are neither decent nor law abiding......

Now imagine you are in admin's shoes. Should you tolerate illegal content and risk being closed down?
    No - not if this forum is my bread and butter

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I resent that fact.
    Then stop managing the mods and get thread creating.

Please note you can only post lunch threads with prior permission of AtW.....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Looking at your started threads, you post about 1 a week. Which get an average of 10 replies each.
    I resent that fact.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    As a decent law abiding citizen I'd have to say no
    We know you are neither decent nor law abiding......

Now imagine you are in admin's shoes. Should you tolerate illegal content and risk being closed down?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I think people need to start making an effort and start creating interesting threads. With the exception of NickFitz (who only does one thread a week), I'm carrying this forum. I can't do that and manage the mods at the same time, what with my lavish lifestyle to live.
    Looking at your started threads, you post about 1 a week. Which get an average of 10 replies each.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Would you like illegal content to remain?
    As a decent law abiding citizen I'd have to say no

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I think people need to start making an effort and start creating interesting threads. With the exception of NickFitz (who only does one thread a week), I'm carrying this forum. I can't do that and manage the mods at the same time, what with my lavish lifestyle to live.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Reddit is where it's at.

CUK needs to stay as an unsafe space and live up to the 'abandon all hope ye who enter here' tagline. [sidetrack]Did anyone watch Dante's history of Hell over Xmas? Quite juicy but could have done with a bit less modern dance writhing around...[/sidetrack]
    Would you like illegal content to remain?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    THERE you are, i thought a ceiling had fallen on you
    Nah, it was AndyW's mum. A ceiling wouldn't take too long to get out from under.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Easy

THERE you are, i thought a ceiling had fallen on you

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    gay train spotter
    Easy

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Reddit is where it's at.

CUK needs to stay as an unsafe space and live up to the 'abandon all hope ye who enter here' tagline. [sidetrack]Did anyone watch Dante's history of Hell over Xmas? Quite juicy but could have done with a bit less modern dance writhing around...[/sidetrack]

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    With the forum operating on a sub optimal level of community engagement I am proposing something we can all get behind to try and increase the number of active users.

So this is the plan...

1. Everyone create 5 emails and register 5 new users.
    2. Build up the usual minimal level of posting "do i need an accountant" etc
    3. Select unusual personal traits for your 5 posters, gay train spotter, midget SAS authority
    4. Swarm on General

Prizes will be announced in due course for the most amusing posting styles, flounces, bans etc
    Or your could just lurk on 4chan for your desired content if that's what floats your boat.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Personally I think the issue is CUK is too contraversial.

I suggest the mods do alot of aggressive moderating(pun intended). Then more people will post in general.

Frankly I think it's the poor spelling that puts people off joining.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Personally I think the issue is CUK is too contraversial.

I suggest the mods do alot of aggressive moderating(pun intended). Then more people will post in general.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X