• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "God, Torygraph and Johnson!"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    political age 43
    pfft cop out i'm looking for a real age!!

hmm is 43 the right age for a mid life crisis.....

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Hey, you could be a labour supporter and jaded.
    I bloody ain't! Although I was a bit pinko as a teenager. Then I grew up.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Hah! Not real age. What about me, given I hate Tony Blair, New Labour and all who sail in her?
    Hey, you could be a labour supporter and jaded. I'm not sure about you, I'd say mid 30s

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    political age 43
    Hah! Not real age. What about me, given I hate Tony Blair, New Labour and all who sail in her?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    How old am I then ??
    political age 43

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    How old am I then ??

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    No nastiness intended, you are still my second favourite.

You haven't proven your point. I've suggested a book to read and you've said I've taken it as gospel, not the case at all, see my previous responses. You accused me of being intolerant, I've said there is another way of looking at things.

Do you donate to charity ?
    I have not said you are intollerant, I'm just trying to gues the age of posters by what the believe to be true. There are few independant opinions in this world, most of what we believe is our own has been implanted.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    I didn't google it, it's pretty obvious really from the way you throw it in that you've taken somebodies else's mantra as gospel. I have an informed unbrainwashed point of view.

Now stop the nastiness! ;-)

No nastiness intended, you are still my second favourite.

You haven't proven your point. I've suggested a book to read and you've said I've taken it as gospel, not the case at all, see my previous responses. You accused me of being intolerant, I've said there is another way of looking at things.

Do you donate to charity ?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Took you a while to google that one, fluffy !

Well, not really, it would give you a little more information about something you seem to know nothing about AND then you would be able to have an informed point of view.
    I didn't google it, it's pretty obvious really from the way you throw it in that you've taken somebodies else's mantra as gospel. I have an informed unbrainwashed point of view.

Now stop the nastiness! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    That coincides with your opinion, that would make a dull argument wouldn't it?
    Took you a while to google that one, fluffy !

Well, not really, it would give you a little more information about something you seem to know nothing about AND then you would be able to have an informed point of view.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It's a book.
    That coincides with your opinion, that would make a dull argument wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    eh?
    It's a book.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Go and read Atlas Shrugged and then come and have an argument about politics, fluffy.
    eh?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Go and read Atlas Shrugged and then come and have an argument about politics, fluffy.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    What makes you say that ?

FFS:

In so far as New Labour has a fairy godmother, Polly is the girl. She incarnates all the nannying, high-taxing, high-spending schoolmarminess of Blair's Britain. She is the defender and friend of everyone whose non-job has ever been advertised in the Guardian appointments page, every gay and lesbian outreach worker, every clipboard-toter and pen-pusher and form-filler whose function has been generated by mindless regulation. Polly is the high priestess of our paranoid, mollycoddled, risk-averse, airbagged, booster-seated culture of political correctness and 'elf 'n' safety fascism. In an ideal Polly Toynbee world, private sector broadcasting would be banned, Rupert Murdoch would be nationalised, and the BBC would hire thousands more taxpayer-funded social affairs correspondents to psalm the benefits of social democracy
    very well put

Leave a comment:

Working...
X