• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When is Priti going?"

Collapse

• Lost It
    replied
    Because the Press wouldn't let it lie.

Leave a comment:

• firecon
    replied
    Or was she being tried out to take over from BoJo and all was going well until some eedjit decided to use Twitter?[/QUOTE]

If that was the case then why get her to resign, surely a behind doors slap on the wrist would have been appropriate?

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Way I understand it..

The little issue of Israeli's holding onto the "Golan Heights" is the sticking point as it's disputed territory, therefore Patel was suggesting we give aid to an army of occupation in effect. Was she really that thick?

Or was she being tried out to take over from BoJo and all was going well until some eedjit decided to use Twitter?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Ruth Davidson slammed over high-level Tory visit to illegal Israeli settlement | HeraldScotland

https://www.timesofisrael.com/scotti...ion-to-israel/

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I partially disagree. Having spoken to a family member who lived in Israel for 20 years, it wouldn't have been the army. It was probably humanitarian to some extent but there would in all likelihood have been some quid pro quo. It is politics after all.
    That doesn't make sense.
    Why the secrecy, why the high-level meetings for a bit of humanitarian aid?
    After all that's what the aid budget is for.
    It wouldn't be at all contentious for aid to be given to Syrian refugees (the lefties would cheer that and even the righties might acknowledge that doing that might prevent them travelling to Europe).
    So no, there's something deeper.
    Something tells me Priti Patel doesn't spend her waking hours thinking about Syrian refugees.
    Last edited by sasguru; 9 November 2017, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Given her brief, her political beliefs, the fact that she had 12 meetings with the most senior Israelis, including their PM, and the fact that they made sure she had a cover story of visiting a Syrian refugee hospital, I reckon it was an attempt by her (or maybe as you say someone higher up) to divert money from the foreign aid budget to the Israeli army.
    No doubt, wonder what the Saudi's made of it all

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Given her brief, her political beliefs, the fact that she had 12 meetings with the most senior Israelis, including their PM, and the fact that they made sure she had a cover story of visiting a Syrian refugee hospital, I reckon it was an attempt by her (or maybe as you say someone higher up) to divert money from the foreign aid budget to the Israeli army.
    I partially disagree. Having spoken to a family member who lived in Israel for 20 years, it wouldn't have been the army. It was probably humanitarian to some extent but there would in all likelihood have been some quid pro quo. It is politics after all.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I rather like Priti Patel.

If my bread were buttered on the other side, I think I probably would.
    So, knowing she's an ardent Brexiter, you're a closet Remainer?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I think she was set up. A case of "if you get caught you're on your own" and then she was well and truly dropped in it.

It's a case of who knew what and when. This is all part of something bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I think she was set up. A case of "if you get caught you're on your own" and then she was well and truly dropped in it.

It's a case of who knew what and when. This is all part of something bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    I rather like Priti Patel.

If my bread were buttered on the other side, I think I probably would.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought it was South of France? 3 days?
    cooler = steve mc'queen = baseball + wall

FFS

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Priti Patel discussed giving British foreign aid money to Israeli army, Downing Street confirms
    Priti Patel discussed giving British foreign aid money to Israeli army, Downing Street confirms | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    with or without a baseball?
    I thought it was South of France? 3 days?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Shauny. Cooler. One day.
    with or without a baseball?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X