• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: MeetUp.com

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MeetUp.com"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Q. What did the Brexiteer say when he walked into a mosque?

A. Ouch.
    Another piss poor attempt to play the race card. Clearly the reference to knights, crusades and mosques was a bit of a struggle for your addled, overworked braincell...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    companies looking to recruit
    Inneresting.

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    and recruitment agencies in general, and companies selling product related to the meetup content (including the really big ones)

Leave a comment:

• tiggat
    replied
    Is there booze available? Who pays for it all?

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Have you tried SQL Saturdays?
    Saturdays are pretty sacred, plus probably not really my scene (too much M$)

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    On topic warning - I go to 2-3 of these a week, to keep up with the areas of tech I'm interested in, and for free food and drinks with the people I know and get on with well at a few of them (and to heckle badly from the back of the room). Will probably start speaking at them soon. Hacks the wife off a bit, which is a bonus.
    Have you tried SQL Saturdays?

They are held periodically in various locations across the country so you need to be prepared to travel but it's well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    On topic warning - I go to 2-3 of these a week, to keep up with the areas of tech I'm interested in, and for free food and drinks with the people I know and get on with well at a few of them (and to heckle badly from the back of the room). Will probably start speaking at them soon. Hacks the wife off a bit, which is a bonus.
    Is there booze available? Who pays for it all?

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm sure you can, but I wouldn't try it in a mosque...
    Q. What did the Brexiteer say when he walked into a mosque?

A. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    From Wikipedia

Do you think you can just walk into a church and do this these days?
    I'm sure you can, but I wouldn't try it in a mosque...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    That was just meant for tick or treat, not for client site.
    Showing your age.

Last edited by SueEllen; 1 November 2017, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Neither.

You can get green rinse now.
    That was just meant for tick or treat, not for client site.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Blue or purple rinse?
    Neither.

You can get green rinse now.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    From Wikipedia

Brass rubbing was originally a largely British enthusiasm for reproducing onto paper monumental brasses – commemorative brass plaques found in churches, usually originally on the floor, from between the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries. The concept of recording textures of things is more generally called making a rubbing. What distinguishes rubbings from frottage is that rubbings are meant to reproduce the form of something being transferred, whereas frottage is usually only intended to use a general texture.
    Do you think you can just walk into a church and do this these days?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've been to a few meetup groups.

I'm very good at getting perm offers....
    Blue or purple rinse?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X