• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anyone wanna job?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone wanna job?"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I hear Baghdad has a pretty vibrant nightlife."

Every day is Nov 5th!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Are you sure it's not a revision of a Maneuver Control System (MCS)?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ground/mcs.htm
    Could be. Too many FLAs (Four Letter Acrynoms)

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Aha, but it does come with free transport. For the site seeing and suchlike. I hear Baghdad has a pretty vibrant nightlife.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    $1000 a day?

Don't make I larf...
    Is a bit low considering the current exchange rate ~£500/day ?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Are you sure it's not a revision of a Maneuver Control System (MCS)?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ground/mcs.htm

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    MCSS = Military Communication Satellite System

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I know somebody who went to Iraq and ended up being shot in the neck. Now he can't move anything from the neck down. I guess there comes a point in contracting where the money is not enough. Personally and with my name, I think I'll leave Iraq alone!

"It is safer in Iraq than in the UK where we've got terrorists in every station, waiting to explode."

Just who did John Reid consult for that comment and for how long?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Do they supply an orange boiler suit?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    got this beauty today:

I don't even know wtf mcs-s sr13 is, but it sounds scary.
    Sounds military, I would guess something to do with fighter jets. Then again I may be talking utter tulipe

HTH

Leave a comment:

• johnreid
    replied
    got this beauty today:

It is safer in Iraq than in the UK where we've got terrorists in every station, waiting to explode.

Leave a comment:

• tonyblair
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Tony, you might like to know that your wife has turned into a 40yo Russian virgin male, who cannot afford a house.
    Well, she certainly can't afford the house, and nor can I!

I don't know what you mean about Russians though. Is this something to do with the spy who just died of natural causes?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    ps Pauline Fowler is lying about her brain tumour.
    I used to drink in the same pub as her (Wendy Richard) throughout the early part of the 1990s.

She was there most nights propping up the bar of the Windsor Castle in Crawford Place, Paddington, with her cronies. Rarely bought a drink!

George Best (on his first liver) used to pitch up there too, and on occasions Joe Brown - possibly the most irritating professional cockney git ever.

Yes there was a piano, and there were occasional sing-songs

If anyone deserves a brain tumour it's her.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 28 November 2006, 20:26.

Leave a comment:

• peterhain
    replied
    got this beauty today:

You'd be crazy not to take it.

1000 US dollars is about 23,000 pounds stirling, which is a small fortune. It would only take you 12 days to earn a million!

The Iraqi people all have total respect for the British for liberating them and will welcome you with open arms.

Also, it is nearly summer over there so it will be like working on the beach, and I've heard that Iraqi wine is some of the finest in the world.

It sounds so good I'd go myself if I didn't have such an important job to do here.

You'd be crazy not to take it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Tony, you might like to know that your wife has turned into a 40yo Russian virgin male, who cannot afford a house.

HTH.

ps Pauline Fowler is lying about her brain tumour.

Leave a comment:

• SasGnu
    replied
    No. 2008 on my clock at the moment?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X