• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wisdom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wisdom"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    I wish.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    No, she is still with Mr 4.

She's never worked a day in her life. I can't believe she is my mother sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    it's like "have a tinnie"

(and yes, its a beer. Well unless SallyAnne's mum likes to randomly hand corned beef out....)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Yes, my reply to her asking me about not being married, is she does it enough for both of us.

What does 'have a can' mean ? (Have a can of beer ?)

Yes a can of beer, lager, cider, anything really as long as it's alcoholic! Her answer to everything

Is she maried now then? Or on the prowl for number 5?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Yes, my reply to her asking me about not being married, is she does it enough for both of us.

What does 'have a can' mean ? (Have a can of beer ?)

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    The only thing my mam ever comes out with is "Have a can".
    Whatever happened to "a nice cup of tea"?

Parents nowadays! - tsssk.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    The only thing my mam ever comes out with is "Have a can".

This has been aplied to A-level worries, relationship break-ups, debt troubles and every other problem I've ever faced!

She rocks

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    My mother has been married four times and once asked me why I had never married...

4 times?!!!! Really?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Reading back, what i've written makes it sound worse than it is, i'm not talking needles floating around the house or anything like that, but i've seen what sort of an effect cocaine can have on your body and there is no way i'll ever go near halucinogenics.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    In a somewhat similar vein, I learned not to touch drugs when I was younger after seeing what it can do to a person...
    Nasty. My dad smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish, which taught me something too.

He got married again to someone who wasn't very nice, so that taught me something else.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    "Did you flush?"

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    My mother has been married four times and once asked me why I had never married...

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    My mum ran off with another bloke when I was young, so although I don't remember any of her wise words, perhaps that spoke louder!
    In a somewhat similar vein, I learned not to touch drugs when I was younger after seeing what it can do to a person...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    My mum ran off with another bloke when I was young, so although I don't remember any of her wise words, perhaps that spoke louder!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X