• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scotland out of world cup"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How long before PC finishes crying?

I am very upset for Wales. As a silver lining, it will stop them taking the p1ss out of MrsBP at the school gate.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    I am a 100% chutney spoon. Does that count?
    Do you need the old man to lick you and put you back in?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well after my DNA results confirmed me as 74% Irish, it is always nice when Plan B comes through for you!!

Just have to hope that Ireland get drawn against NI in the play-offs.
    I am a 100% chutney spoon. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Well after my DNA results confirmed me as 74% Irish, it is always nice when Plan B comes through for you!!

Just have to hope that Ireland get drawn against NI in the play-offs.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No they don't.

So carry on GricerBoy.....
    Sockiest!

You would say differently if sockie was Lucy Bronze or Toni Duggan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

The only solution is to ditch the individual home nation teams and go with a GB (and NI) team. They'll have a chance at an Olympic medal then.

England are barely any better than Scotland, but they will still be hyped up to win the World Cup next summer.

Caught a headline on the back of a newspaper this morning, something like 'Southgate says Kane is the best striker he's ever seen'. He's not even the best striker ever for England let alone the world. Southgate must still be wearing that paper bag on his head from that pizza commercial after he missed the penalty in Italia 90 (IIRC).

So yes, a lot of England's problems are made by the press sensationalising what are a mediocre bunch of spoilt millionaires. At least Scotland know they're tulip.
    It was Euro 96, at Wembley vs. ze Germans.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I hear the Icelandic team are switching to part-time on their day jobs now for more training. Be afraid England, be very afraid.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Oh, sorry. Don't the opinions of a woman count?
    No they don't.

So carry on GricerBoy.....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Come on Germany!

Look closely you can see the tears

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Who was it who used to do those wonnderful skits about Scottish goalkeeping?
    My interest started to wane after the let down of the so-called "Golden Generation" in Germany 2006.

Frankly, since then, it has just got worse. So bad, in fact, that I didn't even know we'd
    qualified for Russia 2018 until somebody mentioned it this morning.
    Oh, sorry. Don't the opinions of a woman count?

Leave a comment:

• Hertsseasider
    replied
    [QUOTE=Hobosapien;2480773]I wish the PL would get on with it and merge into the European Super League. Where it's all about the money and brand and the players don't even have to pretend to be interested in the national team.

Only a matter of time but firstly we will have to have the first PL game played overseas (Malaysia somewhere)

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
    ... the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.
    I wish the PL would get on with it and merge into the European Super League. Where it's all about the money and brand and the players don't even have to pretend to be interested in the national team.

Though I can't take football seriously until they bring in video referees like they have in rugby. It's a shame when the highlight of some games are the poor referee decisions due to them only seeing it in real time. It's like F1 where the pitstops are the only interesting bits other than the first and last laps.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I was cheering for Scotland yesterday. Mrs HS asked why - They hate you, wear Argentina shirts and cheer anyone England play. That's' why I said, it winds them up that we don't (openly) hate them back.
    I like that. It is like showing Australians that you're not fussed even when England wins the Ashes.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    I was cheering for Scotland yesterday. Mrs HS asked why - They hate you, wear Argentina shirts and cheer anyone England play. That's' why I said, it winds them up that we don't (openly) hate them back.

As for Ingurlund, we've been tulip for years now. There is no genuine development / progression into first teams of the youngsters and the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.
    My interest started to wane after the let down of the so-called "Golden Generation" in Germany 2006.

Frankly, since then, it has just got worse. So bad, in fact, that I didn't even know we'd
    qualified for Russia 2018 until somebody mentioned it this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Hertsseasider
    replied

As for Ingurlund, we've been tulip for years now. There is no genuine development / progression into first teams of the youngsters and the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X