• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hipster causes murder on a bike"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nah as it would be something I do to have a breather.

Male vehicle drivers already wonder why when they indicate I can go in front of them I refused to. After seeing another female cyclists arse gawked at, as you could see her complete bum through her thin shorts, I don't take risks like that.
    It could be worse. They might stop staring at your arse.

Of course MAMILs cannot win. Go past a woman and you are aggressive and cannot let a woman go past you. Go behind and you are staring at her arse.

Still, marriage has taught me I am always wrong.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Name and shame
    Nah as it would be something I do to have a breather.

Male vehicle drivers already wonder why when they indicate I can go in front of them I refused to. After seeing another female cyclists arse gawked at, as you could see her complete bum through her thin shorts, I don't take risks like that.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You should have.

The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.

However he was unlike the motorist who decided she could go through a crossing red light and nearly mow me down just because she was turning on the main road from a side road.

Name and shame

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Is this because it was London or the red light? I always stop - it's a red light!
    Because no-one was there - absolutely no-one.

All the other traffic hadn't reached the crossing and I was further down the road but facing him so if he had sneaked through no-one would have noticed. I only noticed because he hadn't and was wondering why he had stopped.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.
    Is this because it was London or the red light? I always stop - it's a red light!

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Luckily for you, you are an

Otherwise he would have nicked your smartphone
    I'm not sure that analogue batphones had launched that long ago.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I once saw an oik do that whilst riding a moped.
    Luckily for you, you are an

Otherwise he would have nicked your smartphone

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    3. Jump up onto the kerb and ride around the crossing.
    I once saw an oik do that whilst riding a moped.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You should have.

However he was unlike the motorist who decided she could go through a crossing red light and nearly mow me down just because she was turning on the main road from a side road.
    It was like 7am.

I was doing my best just to function at a basic level!!

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    interestingly enough I was walking across a designated cross this morning in Manchester - lights were on red, little green man on green.

So I crossed - a cyclist screeched to a halt having had no intention of stopping - the short but terse conversation seemed to indicate I was at fault for expecting a cyclist to stop at a red light.

It was a good job it was early morning and i had not had a coffee or I would have had to have a strong word or two with him.
    When I lived in London they would either:

1. Go straight through on red.
    2. Swerve onto the other side of the road if someone was crossing.
    3. Jump up onto the kerb and ride around the crossing.

I used to have my coffee and still scream at them, in my best Yorkshire accent.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    interestingly enough I was walking across a designated cross this morning in Manchester - lights were on red, little green man on green.

So I crossed - a cyclist screeched to a halt having had no intention of stopping - the short but terse conversation seemed to indicate I was at fault for expecting a cyclist to stop at a red light.

It was a good job it was early morning and i had not had a coffee or I would have had to have a strong word or two with him.
    If I hadn't had my coffee, it would have got nasty.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

You should have.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Oh great he's gonna come out a bigger criminal than when he went in.

I wonder if he has form of doing similar stupid things?

I know the CPS can take a softly softly approach until someone is over 18 then throws the book at them.

Oh lots of cyclists unhappy. However they are ignoring the fact he is an arrogant tulip. If he cried, said sorry and didn't put up stupid social media posts he would have got half that.
    If he had been rich he would have got a suspended sentence.

Pleased he is off the road for a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...driving-charge

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Sad story all round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X