• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BoE downgrades GDP growth. Pound plummets"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Talk about spin, the CEO was on R4 today saying they would keep their small office in Amsterdam to access the EU market.
    Apple have a small 5-man office in Luxembourg - $13 billion dollar operation I hear

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Talk about spin, the CEO was on R4 today saying they would keep their small office in Amsterdam to access the EU market.
    He said that to stop having his head kicked in by the taxpayers.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Further GDP shrinking

RBS plans move to Amsterdam for post-Brexit EU hub

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ost-brexit-hub

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Further GDP shrinking

RBS plans move to Amsterdam for post-Brexit EU hub

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ost-brexit-hub

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Intersting the Asian markets did not scope up on the losses made by the £ yesterday - usually you see some pick up the following morning. Very interesting when the East begins to shy away from the £. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Asian markets tend to not do very much at the best of times. £/$ is BAU with it's technical pattern. I wouldn't expect much action in anything until 1:30 PM today.

https://www.dailyfx.com/gbp-usd

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Intersting the Asian markets did not scope up on the losses made by the £ yesterday - usually you see some pick up the following morning. Very interesting when the East begins to shy away from the £. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    You're comparing 2 different timeframes?

I watch £/$ anyway which has already shrugged this news off. The technical are still intact
    Not comparing, presenting. US hasn't woken up proper yet. Wait until the Asian markets open.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Yay. 24 hours after I had some dollars transferred in to my account. That would have been a very nice bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Better but those euros quick before it reaches parity... EU will be putting up rates soon.

Last month or so

Today

You're comparing 2 different timeframes?

I watch £/$ anyway which has already shrugged this news off. The technical are still intact

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by doconline View Post
    not sure where you got your figures from but it was no where near 1.185. it closed at 1.1151 yesterday, so maybe you meant 1.1185?

So it's a loss of about £10.
    I think you are right... I won't rush to the FX then

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    12:00 1.185
    Now 1.107

So that's a loss of £78 in a couple of hours on a £1000 FX for someone on holiday
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nment-journeys

Leave a comment:

• doconline
    replied
    Now 1.107

So that's a loss of £78 in a couple of hours on a £1000 FX for someone on holiday
    not sure where you got your figures from but it was no where near 1.185. it closed at 1.1151 yesterday, so maybe you meant 1.1185?

So it's a loss of about £10.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hasn't 'plummeted' very far...
    Now 1.107

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Hasn't 'plummeted' very far...
    Better bu those euros quick before it reaches parity... EU will be putting up rates soon.

Last month or so

Today

Last edited by scooterscot; 3 August 2017, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I really look forward to them locking us out of the market. Im sure it wont hurt them at all...
    I really look forward to British manufactured cars and Cornish red wine with a dab of Highland olive oil.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X