• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dental Implants Anyone Had One"

Collapse

• Ivor1
    replied
    off

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor1
    Sh*t sorry to hear that, Ive pretty much decide no to it anyway now, went to see a dentist last night I apperently I would need a sinuse graft in order for there to be enough bone etc to put the poll, approx cost of the graft is £5k plus, looks like I will have to have a falsy.
    It's okay mate - I had it done... Had four teeth kicked out years ago, and have had screw-ins ever since...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    A Polish dentist will do it forra fiver.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Unfortunately, very serious & very sad.

For him.

His pre-existing heart problems caused a lot of confusion so the septicaemia was missed until it was almost too late.

In many ways, if it was me, I'd rather have snuffed it immediately rather than exist for 8 more years...
    Sh*t sorry to hear that, Ive pretty much decide no to it anyway now, went to see a dentist last night I apperently I would need a sinuse graft in order for there to be enough bone etc to put the poll, approx cost of the graft is £5k plus, looks like I will have to have a falsy.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Just to encourage everyone, I went to the funeral of someone who had a dental implant...

Mind you, it did take him 8 years to die of it.
    I wood describe most dentistry in the UK a Dickensian. I used to have some NHS and private treatment both were bad. I did not realise how bad it was until my current dentist in Prague showed me the X-rays. There was one so-called root filling that had gone wrong by drilling in the wrong direction. The messed up root filling only went a quarter of the way and was covered up with filler it had infection that had not been treated. Another tooth had a screw it but the screw only touched the surface and was not holding, Another tooth had a cap but it was oversized with a cavity. All the other teeth with fillings were filled with poor quality filer that was only meant to last a year. The poor treatment was not done by just one dentist but by several in the UK.

In conclusion, don’t be put of by infection; just get a proper dentist.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Just to encourage everyone, I went to the funeral of someone who had a dental implant...

Serious or pulling my leg ?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Maybe it was what they implanted?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Mr Hensher
    Cavendish Square

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I'm told they are upwards of 1500 quid each.
    Ive been quoted on the phone £1500 to £2200, expensive I know but the tooth is the first tooth left of my two big front teeth, I look like a frigging gypo, got to be sorted unfortantly, bridge isnt an option, will never eat toffee again, dentist couldnt save tooth, by the time I got to him root area was infected pulled it all out.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Anyone had an dental implant, if so does it hurt and can anyone recommend a dentist who does them ? Incident while drunk and munching on a toffee means I need one, dont want bridge as teeth around the one I lost are A1.
    Have them done in the czech republic for 1/3 the uk cost

edit: see above

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Seriously, you may not need an implant. Implants are a last resort if the tooth does not have a good root. Munching on a toffee should not do that. I use a dentist in the Czech Republic. He charges the same as the locals but he is excellent and well up to Harley Street standard. His speciality is in implants, caps and anaesthetics hence there is no pain with any of his work. If you want the info: PM me.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    About £300 each in Poland.
    Poles are mental.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    About £300 each in Poland.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Long way to go if you have problems with it though
    Just hop on a cheap flight back. Cheaper than a taxi to your dentist here probably!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X