• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The main reason I frequent this forum."

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Especially if he needs two mirrors to be able to see it.
    Most of MFs more recent posts read a lot like psychoandys these days.

Another man who has been accused of lack of get up and go in the past.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    FTFY
    I thought you had better taste.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Especially if he needs two magnifying mirrors to be able to see it.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    There's nothing worse for a man constantly not being able to get any lead in his pencil.

They tend to get bitter and lash out.
    Especially if he needs two mirrors to be able to see it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

There's nothing worse for a man constantly not being able to get any lead in his pencil.

They tend to get bitter and lash out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Could be a drop in testosterone.

It happens in older men.

Obviously the large amounts of Oestrogen in cheap junk food might have accelerated that process.
    Inneresting:

Obesity is strongly linked to low testosterone levels in men

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I'm not sure he's even a **** anymore.
    Could be a drop in testosterone.

It happens in older men.

Obviously the large amounts of Oestrogen in cheap junk food might have accelerated that process.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Lost his edge, I believe.

Used to be at least slightly amusing in the old days.

Now he just comes across as an overweight, bitter, barsteward enjoying too much bench time.

Shame.
    I'm not sure he's even a **** anymore.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    And you've got duller. An MF hissy fit used to be a bit of an event. Hardly worth watching anymore. Maybe everyone has mellowed out.
    Lost his edge, I believe.

Used to be at least slightly amusing in the old days.

Now he just comes across as an overweight, bitter, barsteward enjoying too much bench time.

Shame.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've been here since 1999 when Cojaks funny wig was a mere twinkle and she spelt her name differently.

All that's happened is we don't get as many newbies as we used to and the ones that remain are battle worn, jaded and are difficult as hell to troll anymore :-(
    And you've got duller. An MF hissy fit used to be a bit of an event. Hardly worth watching anymore. Maybe everyone has mellowed out.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Your memory doesn't tally with mine...

(2008...)

In fact, if anything, we've mellowed our view of newbies and even have a Welcome/FAQ forum that allows newbies breathing space before launching themselves into the bear pit that is General.
    I've been here since 1999 when Cojaks funny wig was a mere twinkle and she spelt her name differently.

All that's happened is we don't get as many newbies as we used to and the ones that remain are battle worn, jaded and are difficult as hell to troll anymore :-(

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    strip all the line off your spool
    I wanted to leave something for my visit to NLyUK tonight.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed. And we sometimes have to go in there with bait to get fresh meat for the regulars. I thought I had caught one today - though seems to have escaped....
    He gave a very strong run initially, I thought it was going to strip all the line off your spool

Try a smaller hook next time

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Your memory doesn't tally with mine...

(2008...)

In fact, if anything, we've mellowed our view of newbies and even have a Welcome/FAQ forum that allows newbies breathing space before launching themselves into the bear pit that is General.
    Indeed. And we sometimes have to go in there with bait to get fresh meat for the regulars. I thought I had caught one today - though seems to have escaped....

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Mumsnet is a terrifying insight into the female mind.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X