• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Coalition of Chaos

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coalition of Chaos"

Collapse

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I do hope that DUP come good and reveal the deals offered to them by Labour in 2010 and 2015, plus the SNP in 2015.
    To be fair, I don't think an attempted bribe (or the suggestion that a bribe might be available in the right circumstances...) is much better than an actual bribe. On the other hand, that still doesn't make this £1bn anything other than the Tories making a bribe from the public purse.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    This, for me, has echoes of the Glazer takeover of Manchester United - we want to have control over you, so we'll promise paying your money to allow us to have that control.

If the Tories had actually thought Northern Ireland needed an additional £1bn in investment (as some of the sad gits have come out saying now), then how come it wasn't in their manifesto, nor mentioned in their last 7 years in government? I'm no fan of Corbyn, but this sort of quasi-crooked rubbish is certainly going to make him seem pretty decent and straight talking in comparison.
    I do hope that DUP come good and reveal the deals offered to them by Labour in 2010 and 2015, plus the SNP in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    This, for me, has echoes of the Glazer takeover of Manchester United - we want to have control over you, so we'll promise paying your money to allow us to have that control.

If the Tories had actually thought Northern Ireland needed an additional £1bn in investment (as some of the sad gits have come out saying now), then how come it wasn't in their manifesto, nor mentioned in their last 7 years in government? I'm no fan of Corbyn, but this sort of quasi-crooked rubbish is certainly going to make him seem pretty decent and straight talking in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Tories pay £1bn for the right to carry on saying there’s no money

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I used to wonder what NI contributions on my payslip meant.

Now I know.
    Except in YOUR particular case it stood for Naturally Imbecilic!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Hoping that's capital funding. Nice little business opportunity there.
    Tag team with OldSmeg?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Coalition of Chaos

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Now I know.
    It stands for No Income - ie your tax money goes to people with No income.

This may be a disabled veteran, a single mother at home with the kids, a pensioner, or just a lazy farker.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Now I know.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So what 3/4 weeks of money we would have given the eu?

Not ott in the grand scheme of things really.

Unless you have an axe to grind obviously.
    These days £1trn is peanuts.

Exactly. Tin pot Italians spent 5x bailing out one tulipty bankrupt Italian bank.

We send 10x to India in "aid" for them to buy nuclear weapons and a space station.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So what 3/4 weeks of money we would have given the eu?

Not ott in the grand scheme of things really.

Unless you have an axe to grind obviously.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Of course the real issue here is now that the DUP has its grubby paws on the Westminster button, where is its incentive to return to power sharing?
    The real issue... is you have a government that'll strike off the ill on disability and send them to work to recover a few £ per week. Or they'll skimp £2 per square meter on cladding causing the lives of many but they can find a billion pounds to buy 10 or so votes from terrorist sympathisers.

Why people are not marching the streets. The French would have shut down their country already.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Of course the real issue here is now that the DUP has its grubby paws on the Westminster button, where is its incentive to return to power sharing? This has the potential to destroy the Good Friday agreement, all so the Tories can cling onto power. The Docklands and Manchester IRA bombs were 21 years ago, we don't need to return to that.

All hail Mother Theresa.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    EU Brexit team absolutely delighted to see Tories out-negotiated by DUP for a billion quid

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Go on Shauny, whistle us the sash, ya tory b'stard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X