• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK entering new golden engineering age"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Sorry - I just can't bring myself to follow a DM link

But nothing wrong with having eye candy on site (in all flavours)
    Nuclear reaction: Fury after Czech power plant holds bikini beauty contest to win an INTERNSHIP

Ten women stripped down to their swimwear for the competition at CEZ Temelín
    Their pictures were uploaded to Facebook and users were asked to rate them
    Activists and critics reacted furiously calling it an 'ignorant and stupid' contest
    Plant issued an apology and said it was giong to offer all 10 the internship prize

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Indeed - strangely enough there are no men in just their posing pouches.....

cannot understand why that would be

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    However we clearly are only number 2 in the world. Place 1 goes to Czech: -

Fury after Czech power plant holds bikini beauty contest | Daily Mail Online

What does Halo Jones think?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Wasn't that one of NLyUK's special films?
    [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I do seem to remember the old man was involved in the fledgling transgender pink chocolate sector in the '80s. Never made much money from it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    try and see the programme on operation black buck.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Anyone else watch the programme about the last Vulcan with (professional thicko) Guy Martin last night? A repeat, but I missed it the first time.

A great example of British engineering, and who doesn't love the Vulcan. But this came out of a period where Britain was desperately hanging onto the idea that it was still a major world power by having nuclear weapons; even though the USSR and USA had already moved onto missiles we were stuck with bombers with crews on a 2 minute standby. And obviously we ultimately ended up buying American.
    If you love the Vulcan try and see the programme on operation black buck.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    However we clearly are only number 2 in the world. Place 1 goes to Czech: -

Fury after Czech power plant holds bikini beauty contest | Daily Mail Online

What does Halo Jones think?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    But you seem so unhappy. Passive aggressive comments and then the miserable comments. If you are generally happy then my apologises but going by your comments it seems that you are a little sad.
    I'm just enjoying the show, so don't worry about me. Do make sure you're not projecting, what with all your little passive aggressive comments .

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    The UK is still part of Europe and has no plans to leave.

However I think it is very bad news. EIB will end up getting their money back and loads more. Why did the UK let them get a slice of the pie? Disgrace.

The UK has had way too much foreign investment over recent years. UK train passengers pay over the odds so that the owners, mostly European governments, can put the money into their own rail networks.

Well done the EU for tucking us up for so many years. However enough is enough.
    That's the spirit, vote Corbyn for renationalisation of the railways!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Anyone else watch the programme about the last Vulcan with (professional thicko) Guy Martin last night? A repeat, but I missed it the first time.

A great example of British engineering, and who doesn't love the Vulcan. But this came out of a period where Britain was desperately hanging onto the idea that it was still a major world power by having nuclear weapons; even though the USSR and USA had already moved onto missiles we were stuck with bombers with crews on a 2 minute standby. And obviously we ultimately ended up buying American.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I'm not miserable, I'm enjoying this immensely. It's the Brexiters who seem miserable.

But think back to the 2012 Olympics. I was cynical about it beforehand but it turned out to be a remarkable projection of the cultural influence of the UK. The UK is now a laughing stock, and while optimism such as yours can sometimes be an admirable trait, right now it looks like your head is stuck in the sand. Much better to take a deep breath, re-evaluate the situation and come up with a plan to make the best of things.
    But you seem so unhappy. Passive aggressive comments and then the miserable comments. If you are generally happy then my apologises but going by your comments it seems that you are a little sad.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    UK entering new golden engineering age

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why is it the Chinese and the French who will build Hinkley thingy?
    The French are highly experienced in nuclear power, they have loads of nuclear power plants, and at the time HPC was getting selected the European high pressure reactor was looking good. Trouble is its too complex, and the Helsinki and Breast reactors are years over budget and time. (Which is why HPC is taking so long, the French don't want to build it because they are already up to their necks in tulip). We have the Chinese involvement because it's great kudos for them, and making them happy is good for other strategic business.
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 26 June 2017, 10:19.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Chinese safety record is so good of course. They would never use inflammable cladding in their tower blocks.
    Inflammable cladding is an attribute of class war, not cretinism.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Because of the risks involved in building a nuclear power station, using a workforce that is 52% cretin.
    Chinese safety record is so good of course. They would never use inflammable cladding in their tower blocks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X