• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is tomato a fruit or vegetable?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    SKA results are not too bad for so few indexed pages

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    On anecdotal evidence, your website appears suspiciously like this one, but with just 1.7m fewer results.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    he decides that it's a good method for deciding scientific questions.
    Do you think your lady orders cherries or what not as dessert on the basis of science? No. She orders fruits, and tomatoes ain't on the menu, it is as simple as this - best proof possible based on anecdotical evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Overwhelmed by the spectacle of democracy, he decides that it's a good method for deciding scientific questions.

It works for 'global warming'

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I think we need to know!
    Overwhelmed by the spectacle of democracy, he decides that it's a good method for deciding scientific questions.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well, fair open and transparent vote resulted in:

Vegenetable: 2
    Fruit: 0

Better majority than in the US Supreme Court

I will get me coat - got a juicy contract to run next years Russian elections...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    This poll shows conclusively that snaw and andyw are fruits and chico is a nut.
    Meanwhile atw is a hermaphrodite.
    If I'm a fruit, I'm the big fecking daddy kind

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru

I'm so tired I'm even laughing at assman's jokes.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    It's a fruit as it's the product of the plant, not part of the actual plant itself - stem, root, tuber etc.
    Is that the definition? Are peas fruit then?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Tomatoes aren't a vegetable.
    Bananas aren't a fruit.
    Peanuts aren't a nut.

What can we believe these days?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    It's a fruit as it's the product of the plant, not part of the actual plant itself - stem, root, tuber etc.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My callsign is Cake.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I typed

tomato fruit into

http://mj12search.kicks-ass.org:8888/

and got:

Error: Index 'submiturls' search failed due to: Index returned result type of InternalError Extended error: System.Exception: Set offset works with in-memory-single-file indices! Originally needed iIdx=1 at Majestic12.SearchToken.SetOffset() in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchMisc.cs:line 299 at Majestic12.Searcher.Search(InvertedIndex oInvIdx, SearchQuery oSQ, SearchFS oFS, SubIndex oSIIC, DomainsCluster oDC, GeoArray oGA, ACRank oACR, Boolean bUseSubIndex, Int32 iMaxCPUs, Int32 iDesiredMatches) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\Searcher.cs:line 188 at Majestic12.SearchIndex.ScanInvIdx(SearchQuery oQuery, Int32 iMaxCPUs, Int64& lMSecsIO, Int64& lBytesRead) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchIndex.cs:line 1622 at Majestic12.SearchIndex.Find(SearchQuery oSQ, Int32 iFrom, Boolean bNoInfo, Int32 iDetailedDocID, Int32 iMaxCPUs) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchIndex.cs:line 935 at Majestic12.SearchIndex.FindAsXML(SearchQuery oSQ, Int32 iFrom, Int32 iDetailedDocID, Int32 iMaxCPUs) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchIndex.cs:line 746 at Majestic12.SearchMessageHandler.Handler_Search(Sea rchIndex oSI, SearchMessage oReq, SearchMessage oResp) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchMessageHandle r.cs:line 405 at Majestic12.SearchMessageHandler.ExecMessage(Search Message oReq, SearchMessage oR) in H:\Alex\PROJECTS\MJ12searchLib\SearchMessageHandle r.cs:line 137

Says it all really....

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit.
    Alexei,

Someone is calling you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X