• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Glastonbury - Radiohead"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Despite, like many, thinking the first few albums were superb back in the day, they have descended into the equivalent of themselves off in front of an audience. As seen by their opening 'song' at glasto this year. FOAD you pretentious twats.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I was there. Radiohead were well crap. No-one wants to listen to mumbled lyrics and moaney crap.

Sorry emperors new clothes......
    Got to agree with that - Ok Computer had a few good tracks

But since then I just have struggled to get any sort of enjoyment from them - haven't tried that hard mind you but it just seems they are one of those bands that have achieved huge status but on close inspection you have to wonder why.

Also the lead singer Thom York has a man bun and also spells his name Thom and not Tom.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I was there. Radiohead were well crap. No-one wants to listen to mumbled lyrics and moaney crap.

Exactly. If they did then they could just download the Morrisey/Smiths' back catalogue.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No, he is a dullard with delusions of adequacy. Probably gets a hard-on when he hears Morrisey!!
    Whereas you're one who has aspirations of just being inadequate...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Are you a rocker with a bandana?
    No, he is a dullard with delusions of adequacy. Probably gets a hard-on when he hears Morrisey!!

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Sorry doesn't do it for me. Foo Fighter are the new Styx or Kansas or Toto

Foo Fighters are boring. Plain and simple. Their only interesting album was their first (which was mainly a demo type deal apparently although I felt the songs were quite accomplished), because it was kinda interesting and different.

Colour and The Shape was where they began to become generic, sure some excellent songs on there like Everlong but it was a move towards a bigger and in my opinion duller sound. From there it was all down hill. Im not a fan at all (except that first album) although I quite like Nirvana. To me the Foo Fighters just don't have the interest/wow factor, and their music just sounds the same in a lot of cases (including the newer big hits). They are not edgy or pushing boundaries in any way, they are just a stadium rock band for the easy listening crowd. They are ok live but certainly not the amazing live band lots of people give them credit for either. Hands down the best work Dave Grohl has done post Nirvana is Queens of the Stone Age. Foos are not even on the radar IMO.
    Get her! What tunes you into babe? I didn't have you down as a rocker. I had you down as a 50 yo raver , massive record collection of early acid house. Hands in the air loving that pill soaking into you and that fat bass making the hair stand on your neck as you sink into your friends one love union of hope. Now you're twisting my melon. Are you a rocker with a bandana?

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Saw them at Wembley in 86. Bloody brilliant show.
    Ditto that... Fab gig.

Also on the bill that day: INXS, The Alarm and Quo

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Sorry doesn't do it for me. Foo Fighter are the new Styx or Kansas or Toto

Foo Fighters are boring. Plain and simple. Their only interesting album was their first (which was mainly a demo type deal apparently although I felt the songs were quite accomplished), because it was kinda interesting and different.

Colour and The Shape was where they began to become generic, sure some excellent songs on there like Everlong but it was a move towards a bigger and in my opinion duller sound. From there it was all down hill. Im not a fan at all (except that first album) although I quite like Nirvana. To me the Foo Fighters just don't have the interest/wow factor, and their music just sounds the same in a lot of cases (including the newer big hits). They are not edgy or pushing boundaries in any way, they are just a stadium rock band for the easy listening crowd. They are ok live but certainly not the amazing live band lots of people give them credit for either. Hands down the best work Dave Grohl has done post Nirvana is Queens of the Stone Age. Foos are not even on the radar IMO.
    Yes, first album is a great record;.

Bought a couple more after that but found it all a bit bland and formulaic & lost interest.

Good set though - he certainly knows how to drive a crowd.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I just watched the Foo Fighters Glastonbury thing - I thought it was wank and I quite like 'em! A bit.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I saw Queen during the Superman tour in Manchester - while not being a real fan it was the best live gig I have ever seen
    Saw them at Wembley in 86. Bloody brilliant show.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Foo Fighters are currently killing it on the Pyramid stage.

Just caught up with it on iPlayer - awesome (and I've never really been a big Foos fan)... The energy even came across on the tele (I did have the amp yanked up mind, so I hope the neighbours liked it ).

I've been to a lot of gigs over the years but can only begin to imagine how good they must have been in the flesh.

Very envious of all of you who were there...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Didn't they also applaud Corbyn thinking he was a viable politician?

Fookwits the lot of 'em
    Didn't Theresa May and The Brexit Feckwits do a cover of Roy Orbison's 'Running Scared'?

Yes, here it is in the Strong and Stable Tent....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Loved this, so true:

Didn't they also applaud Corbyn thinking he was a viable politician?

Fookwits the lot of 'em

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A wankfest on Puffin Island..

Glad I didn't pay to see that shiite.....
    Loved this, so true:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X