• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car Insurance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car Insurance"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Insurance £435 on my Maserati QP (yes, I went for it).
    Good call. Nice motor.

£449 on my GT Speed.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    What kind of excess did you have for theft?
    Theft of visual acuity is not a covered loss.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Insurance £435 on my Maserati QP (yes, I went for it), if I'd kept it in Ireland, €1607. UK road tax, £235, IRL €1837

Plus you get to pay for road tolls but at least NCT (ie MOT) is every two years and only €55....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What kind of excess did you have for theft?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Well come on what did you expect?

You did have an accident in one of the most expensive cars on the market...

and then have gone and bought another one thats twice the size

Not envious at all

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well if you are going to zoom around like you are Capo dei capi from MAFIA III, what can you really expect?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    No, but other insurers who gave a bit cheaper price to me seemed like bad choice - better the devil you know...
    Well if you are going to zoom around like you are an extra in Grand Theft Auto, what can you really expect?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No, but other insurers who gave a bit cheaper price to me seemed like bad choice - better the devil you know...

If they are well known names then you will be ok

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    None of the sites I used could beat Mercedes own insurance quote

HTH
    My wife's insurance on her smokey old Benz is up for renewal. Mercedes insurance quoted £977.42 where as Direct Line was £257.20. I guess it's horses for courses.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Are they the only people who will insure you due to the dodgy area you live in?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    £1,393.14 from Admiral (via GoCompare)

Still less than £2.4k they were quoting when I first checked with them direct
    Look on the bright side. That's significantly cheaper than a year ago in USD or EUR terms.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Are they the only people who will insure you due to the dodgy area you live in?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Admiral add for "no fault claims"

Plus they sponsor Wales RFU... nuff said

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied

Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Put some figures on that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X