• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nightmare scenario

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nightmare scenario"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What are we going to do, if we end up with Komrade Korbyn or some dystopian LibLabGreen coalition?

I'm thinking, house on the market next day, cash-in and live in the sun somewhere cheap and watch the economic car crash / fallout from afar.

Hang on a sec here. Just a month ago, the consensus among you lot, especially you DP, was that Corbyn had absolutely zero chance of winning.

Now suddenly, you are plotting a plan B in case he come to power?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Trouble is the 1970s are an abstract concept for a good chuck of the voting public.
    Yep, what is it they say? "A financial crisis happens when the last person to remember the previous one retires".

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    A financial collapse will happen with terrifying speed. We'll fast forward through the decade of the 1970s within days rather than years, because back then there was no electronic trading just guys in top hats waving bits of paper in the air.
    Trouble is the 1970s are an abstract concept for a good chuck of the voting public.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Very very wrong there.

Read the Labour manifesto about unions everywhere, unlimited benefits for all, no measure or cap on immigration, 16 yr old voters, massive corp tax increases, income tax increases....

UK will literally collapse with mass unemployment, endless strikes, and immigration overload.
    A financial collapse will happen with terrifying speed. We'll fast forward through the decade of the 1970s within days rather than years, because back then there was no electronic trading just guys in top hats waving bits of paper in the air.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The state retirement age is going up to 68 and probably 70 very soon. So does the cut off increase as the state retirement age increases?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    In which case the cut off for voting should be 65 (60 for women) since they are sat at home on benefits by then
    The state retirement age is going up to 68 and probably 70 very soon. So does the cut off increase as the state retirement age increases?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yes it's fine and how it should be, because all "that" gives them the experience and judgment to vote responsibly.
    In which case the cut off for voting should be 65 (60 for women) since they are sat at home on benefits by then

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    I was thinking similar. I would be somewhat ironic if May ended up in pretty much the same position as before the election.
    Very ironic - if she does she only has herself to blame - silly woman

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that,! ...
    Yes it's fine and how it should be, because all "that" gives them the experience and judgment to vote responsibly.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I don't want Jezza to win (and I don't think he win), neither do I want a massive majority for the Tories so they can do what they like. Democracy demands an effective opposition so hopefully May will end up with a single figure majority and we'll carry on as before.
    I was thinking similar. I would be somewhat ironic if May ended up in pretty much the same position as before the election.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Depends on a couple of things. Are Labours poll gains totally a result of people switching from Lib Dems and hence any further shift will probably be limited or are they pulling votes back from the Conservatives?

Corbyn's free stuff for everyone followed by a quick trip to the IMF might be just be possible.

I don't want Jezza to win (and I don't think he win), neither do I want a massive majority for the Tories so they can do what they like. Democracy demands an effective opposition so hopefully May will end up with a single figure majority and we'll carry on as before.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that, I think its a disgrace. The tories have shot themselves in the foot with the benefit tax, so it will be a much closer fight that anyone thought at the start, c'mon Corbyn!
    Depends on a couple of things. Are Labours poll gains totally a result of people switching from Lib Dems and hence any further shift will probably be limited or are they pulling votes back from the Conservatives?

Corbyn's free stuff for everyone followed by a quick trip to the IMF might be just be possible.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Voting age reduced to 16, means under educated snowflakes indoctrinated to expect everything for free will get to keep them in power forever.

Most don't work and pay no tax...scary

So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that, I think its a disgrace. The tories have shot themselves in the foot with the benefit tax, so it will be a much closer fight that anyone thought at the start, c'mon Corbyn!

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yet not so long ago:

A rare case and hence noteworthy.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So the tories are supported by coffin dodgers (so old and experienced) where as labour is supported by 16 year olds on the promise of a free lollipop.

You can pull your own conclusions from that.
    Yet not so long ago:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X