• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Army fury as chief in Afghanistan is told he won't get vital armour"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    You lose cause your friends are whiney cry baby soft c0ck morons!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    You should read back then. You blatantly lost because you are wrong and just made yourself look like an ass.

Nothing more needs to be said, as your argument has become a "in my opinion" job. You are quite entitled to your incorrect opinion and i'm quite happy posting no more replies (this is the last one).

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I win!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    I personally am displeased at Tony as I should think the vast majority of the country (and this BB) are. Now sod off back to your hole, learn to read and have some respect for the people that follow thier orders and go and get shot at on the orders of our government.
    Yeah, so displeased Labour got voted back in to power!

I really couldnt careless how displeased your friends are...they joined the TA off their own bat...no one made them join, they werent frog marched down in Russian jack boots and made to join, no one held a gun to their heads telling them there would be jihad if they didnt join.

They only have themselves to blame for ending up in eye-rack and its a bit late whining your ass off AFTER you freely joined the TA about not wanting to go to Eye-rak!

Your friends get about as much sympathy from me as I give those jihadi's who run the BBC!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    yeah cause we all know afghanistan is overflowing with oil dont we!

And this is where you should have stopped...everything else after this is merely whiney ass cry babies whinging because they didnt want to do what they were obligated to do. Honestly...I really do struggle to understand people like your friends.

The join a volunteer army to defend their country? Hahahahhaa...f8ck off, they liked the shiney buttons and goatskin hat they get to wear once a year on parade! BUT as soon as they are required to do their duty...suddenly its, oh I dont want to go, Im a soft c0ck, get me out of here!

they were just displeased that they would have to go QUOTE]
    Where did your friends go? Afghanistan or farking IRaq? Make your mind up!

Again...if they didnt want to serve overseas on active duty...then they should never have joined. Its simple as that.

Then again, if they wanted a uniform they should have joined the boy scouts

Mailman
    *sigh* a troll that can't read.....

I have only mentioned Iraq in my posts, not Afghanistan and being displeased at Tony is not the same as crying that you don't want to go out there.

I personally am displeased at Tony as I should think the vast majority of the country (and this BB) are. Now sod off back to your hole, learn to read and have some respect for the people that follow thier orders and go and get shot at on the orders of our government.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    Shaunboy is being unusually quiet
    Just letting the armchair generals slug it out.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Shaunboy is being unusually quiet

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Well they joined up because they wanted to defend our country if the need ever arose, not run about in the middle east playing where is the oil for Tony and George.
    yeah cause we all know afghanistan is overflowing with oil dont we!

At the end of the day they all went out there, did what they supposed to do while getting shot at and came back home
    And this is where you should have stopped...everything else after this is merely whiney ass cry babies whinging because they didnt want to do what they were obligated to do. Honestly...I really do struggle to understand people like your friends.

The join a volunteer army to defend their country? Hahahahhaa...f8ck off, they liked the shiney buttons and goatskin hat they get to wear once a year on parade! BUT as soon as they are required to do their duty...suddenly its, oh I dont want to go, Im a soft c0ck, get me out of here!

[quote]they were just displeased that they would have to go QUOTE]
    Where did your friends go? Afghanistan or farking IRaq? Make your mind up!

Again...if they didnt want to serve overseas on active duty...then they should never have joined. Its simple as that.

Then again, if they wanted a uniform they should have joined the boy scouts

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Your mates sound like cry babies. Why join the TA in the first place if they are going to act like girls when they get the call up?

FFS, if you are going to act like a cry baby get out of the TA BEFORE you get the big call up...otherwise shut the f8ck up and do your duty...after all, thats why you are in an all VOLUNTEER army

Sorry, but I have about as much sympathy for your friends as I do for hisbulla who really didnt understand the full consequences of their actions!

Mailman
    Well they joined up because they wanted to defend our country if the need ever arose, not run about in the middle east playing where is the oil for Tony and George.

At the end of the day they all went out there, did what they supposed to do while getting shot at and came back home (a damn sight more that you ever have no doubt). They didn't act "like girls" (whatever that means, there are girls in the army as well ffs) they were just displeased that they would have to go out there for the mockery that was liberating Iraq rather than being called up for a valid reason like the Falklands, or defending good ol Blighty from foreign devils etc..

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    When a man has withdrawn from the world, its tumult often becomes
    unbearable to him.

Since active duties no longer hold them to the world, this does
    not greatly matter.

They know how to bear the tumult with composure.
    Surely points 1 and 3 are contradictory?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Hey AJP, how's it going? Long time no hear. I've missed your words of wisdom.

When a man has withdrawn from the world, its tumult often becomes
    unbearable to him.

Since active duties no longer hold them to the world, this does
    not greatly matter.

They know how to bear the tumult with composure.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Hexagram 32 Heng Duration

Line Six

Seeking duration too hastily brings misfortune persistently

Whatever endures can be created only gradually by long-continued work and careful reflection.

In the same sense Lao-tse says:

"If we wish to compress something, we must first let it fully expand."

He who demands too much at once is acting precipitately, and because he attempts too much, he ends by succeeding in nothing.
    Hey AJP, how's it going? Long time no hear. I've missed your words of wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Hexagram 32 Heng Duration

Line Six

Seeking duration too hastily brings misfortune persistently

Whatever endures can be created only gradually by long-continued work and careful reflection.

In the same sense Lao-tse says:

"If we wish to compress something, we must first let it fully expand."

He who demands too much at once is acting precipitately, and because he attempts too much, he ends by succeeding in nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Shutit mailman.
    Or what...you gonna get one of your fellow countrymen to poison me in a London restaurant?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Never watched The Office so i'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about......
    She is having a sly dig because you appear to know what you are talking about, and you talk about it with a bit of enthusiasm.

Dont be too hard on AtW, his hearts in the right place, he just doesnt realise that the best soldiers are made, not born.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X