• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "]British firms offering non-UK nationals an average of 28 per cent more than locals"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Tax rates
    Vote Komrade Korbyn!

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Rates up for those remaining.
    I have a column in Trafalgar Square that I'm willing to let go for a reasonable price should you be interested, sir. Cash only for a quick sale to the buyer who knows a good bargain when he sees one. Meet me at Heathrow 30 minutes before the last call for the flight to the Bahamas. Used £10 notes only.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Tax rates

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...s-shape-future

Almost three-quarters of tech workers thinking of leaving the UK after Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Where did you migrate from?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    thinking or prepairing.
    I must say it's harder than I thought.
    Yes, we can see you find thinking fairly traumatic, but at least you managed to spell that correctly.

Unlike your attempt at "preparing".

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied

Work 4x as hard for half the money? Sounds like a good deal to me ;-)

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm quite certain many folks in the UK will welcome lower salaries, longer working hours, increased house prices, decades of Tory rule for a glorious red white and blue yet strong and stable Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    They may not at the moment due to uncertainty over the future because their right to work here is determined by EU rules which are under threat. However, that uncertainty won't exist when they are allowed to work here under rules that are set by the UK government. The rest of your "reasons" are just conjecture.
    ahh rules set by the UK government... Are we talking about the same government that is threatening to throw in upheaval the lives of some 3mil EU citizens and their families already in the UK, by pretending to protect the rights of the 1mil Brits in EU, after not allowing a lot of them to vote in the referendum? Or is it the same government that had the full power to reduce the non-EU migration, but did nothing of sorts? Or maybe the Government that is headed by the same person that was in charge of migration for 5 years and failed to do her job miserably, but feels fit to lead the country.

I would go out on a limb and say that you have never moved to live and work in another country. Red tape, boxes upon boxes of paperwork and most likely visa tied to a specific employer that can use it as a chokehold is not something that a person with average intelligence will pick over the FOM in the rest of the EU. Noone in their right mind, that is highly skilled will come to the UK with a family knowing that he/she might be ejected at will by a bureaucrat trying to achieve migration targets.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied

thinking or prepairing.
    I must say it's harder than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Where can I get a copy of the new UK rules?
    That's a slight problem.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Brexit: Number of foreign tech job applications down 50% since EU referendum vote | The Independent

For those eligible for European citizenship, this might be a good argument for getting it.

You can get a significant premium, simply by not being British
    The sample was of 2 companies. One company who pays 10% less than UK workers. And NLyUK enterprises who pay 66% more than UK workers.

Its a sign the UK is doing very well and needs to train more people.

What will happen after Brexit is that the UK will still be doing very well. Though IT will be sold out to give the UK an advantage in other areas. Like the WTO talks for a while.

Ooooops. Sorry about that. I posted something sensible that Bremoaners can't understand. I am tempted to post "feck off you s" as they might just about understand that. It would be nice for us all to work towards giving the UK the best possible future.

Dealing with a Bremoaner is like owning a dog. You want to be friends. Realistically someone is top dog. So you have to beat them with a rolled up newspaper until the message gets through....

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Tory Scum might just get what they want - big reduction in immigration, starting with those who actually were of great use to this country.
    Why single out just one party? Labour wanted an out too, in 1975 and 1983, as the Guardian reminds us:

"The honeymoon was barely over before the bickering began. Within a year, Britain was calling for wholesale reform to the common agricultural policy (CAP) and in 1975 Harold Wilson’s Labour government called a referendum.

Seven Labour cabinet ministers campaigned for Brexit then, but an impassioned Margaret Thatcher positively shone for remain, and two-thirds of the country voted to stay. Michael Foot’s Labour party made a breakup with Europe a key plank of its 1983 election platform but was heavily defeated by Thatcher’s still largely pro-European Conservative forces."

Labour today is also keen to support Brexit. There is no significant political party in the UK today who wants the country to stay in the EU.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The Brain Drain: https://www.thelocal.de/20170512/num...er-brexit-vote

Most of these people are highly educated skilled people who would, at some point, return to work in the UK. This is happening across all of Europe not just the places mentioned in the article (Darmstadt is notable in that it is a very hi-tech town which had a very large British community, now slightly reduced, all working in those industries) and the people who are applying for citizenship are people who see the value of working cross border. In the future they will still be able to work cross border, just not so easily in the UK, if they want to work there, that is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X