• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Majority best odds now 1/16"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Betfair currently gives 1/10000000000 that there will be a majority of ******* elected...
    I didn't know you were standing.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can do it.

I did with my postal vote...
    Appalling election, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A majority is 1 or more. A working majority is a bit more than that to allow for deaths, defections, rebellion, but would probably also count DUP and UUP seats in the Tory corner.
    At the moment the majority is 12. 330 Conservative. Other parties = 318. Speaker + vacant account for other 2.

However, the working majority is 17. Conservative(330) + Ulster unionists(2) + Speaker(1) = 333. Other parties = 316. 1 seat is vacant.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    £10K on a Tory majority now gets you £2.5K on Betfair, if it happens.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Indeed, I do. The incumbent is a decent chap. On the downside, he's Labour.

There may be some teeth gritting on 8th...
    You can do it.

I did with my postal vote...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Do you live in a marginal and if so who is it between?
    Indeed, I do. The incumbent is a decent chap. On the downside, he's Labour.

There may be some teeth gritting on 8th...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Oh dear, I sense a pattern.

I'm seriously tempted to not vote Tory. What I'd like to see is the Tories elected with an absolutely minimal majority of, say, 10-20, so that May is fatally undermined for her stupidity in: a) calling an election; and b) thinking that she was going to win on that manifesto. Mmmm, how best to achieve this...
    Do you live in a marginal and if so who is it between?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

I'm seriously tempted to not vote Tory. What I'd like to see is the Tories elected with an absolutely minimal majority of, say, 10-20, so that May is fatally undermined for her stupidity in: a) calling an election; and b) thinking that she was going to win on that manifesto. Mmmm, how best to achieve this...
    Yup.

+1.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that the same as a working majority?
    A majority is 1 or more. A working majority is a bit more than that to allow for deaths, defections, rebellion, but would probably also count DUP and UUP seats in the Tory corner.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    All the smart money is waiting on what Suity says.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Betfair currently gives 1/10000000000 that there will be a majority of ******* elected...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    1/4 now for overall majority. Might put 10k on it.
    Is that the same as a working majority?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    1/4 now for overall majority. Might put 10k on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Had your lot not voted for Brexit you could still have a Brussels government and no election.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X