• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Free money experiment"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    This thread is a hoot - doubters and then some. Today the free money was almost £20 if you sold it yesterday.

Might do another one...
    Never checked if you sent me any after to that address...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    This thread is a hoot - doubters and then some. Today the free money was almost £20 if you sold it yesterday.

Might do another one...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This "tulip" is more useful in the developing world were people rely on mobile phones to do banking transactions, their currency has hyperinflation and not everyone has access to a bank account.
    Valuable lessons to be learnt for Brexit Britain.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should save me a few quid in the next divorce.
    You weren't supposed to answer me.

Now your post will be quoted in family court.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mobile banking allows women to save money without their husbands knowledge and vice versa.
    Should save me a few quid in the next divorce.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Mobile banking allows women to save money without their husbands knowledge and vice versa.
    Must get that tart Fergie signed up then. Top tip SE

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nah, they have gold, dollars and camels.

On that subject, I remember an HSBC person telling me in Y2K that they had fully functioning mobile branches on big canoes to reach the inaccessible Amazonian tribal areas. Similar thing with Bank of Scotland too IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    This "tulip" is more useful in the developing world were people rely on mobile phones to do banking transactions, their currency has hyperinflation and not everyone has access to a bank account.
    Nah, they have gold, dollars and camels.

On that subject, I remember an HSBC person telling me in Y2K that they had fully functioning mobile branches on big canoes to reach the inaccessible Amazonian tribal areas. Similar thing with Bank of Scotland too IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Because they have a massive building on Threadneedle street, and 400 years history of conjoring money out of thin air and honouring their promises to pay the bearer. What they say is important, and gets top billing on the news. You're pissing in the wind if you think this tulip is going to take over. Now you might well make a boat load of money (proper fiat currency) out of betting on the right horse, that's a different matter. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    That because you don't understand blockchain technology. Trust is not a prerequisite. You trust the BOE when it conjures money out of thin air, why?
    Because they have a massive building on Threadneedle street, and 400 years history of conjoring money out of thin air and honouring their promises to pay the bearer. What they say is important, and gets top billing on the news. You're pissing in the wind if you think this tulip is going to take over. Now you might well make a boat load of money (proper fiat currency) out of betting on the right horse, that's a different matter. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Bollocks. 99% of people aren't going to trust some tulip that's been conjured out of thin air by some faceless chunt in the ether. You might as well invest in Pip in a Poke. It's post count just keeps going up till one day Cojak pulls the plug and that's the end of that.
    That because you don't understand blockchain technology. Trust is not a prerequisite. You trust the BOE when it conjures money out of thin air, why?

Besides blockchain tech is much more than just about money. Keeping ledgers public and distributed is massive. Golem being a fascinating example of distributed computing power. It'll put computing power centres out of business in a few years, mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Thought this was an IT forum?!
    Fair point. I'm still calling 'Nerd' though.

What's happening 'out there' is the internet Mk II.
    Bollocks. 99% of people aren't going to trust some tulip that's been conjured out of thin air by some faceless chunt in the ether. You might as well invest in Pip in a Poke. It's post count just keeps going up till one day Cojak pulls the plug and that's the end of that.

Blink and you'll miss it.
    Hopefully correct.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied

What's happening 'out there' is the internet Mk II. Blink and you'll miss it.
    All this reminds me of my time with oil explorers on AIM back in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    What the fook happened here? Bunch of nerds.

What's happening 'out there' is the internet Mk II. Blink and you'll miss it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    GAHWLNBQEWQRPSBQBU2LAFPRGRF3D2QHIF5KEVS2TKGSV3EAOE ZXIKWW

Yeh late I know but go on mun!
    Piss off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X