• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car"

Collapse

• mdhd
    replied
    Are you driving a Red A4 Cabriolet now? :O

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep, life depreciates much faster than a nice sports car after you get over 40...

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You're daily vehicle - no, but I've bought and sold a few classics with results. It's hard work though.
    Never understood that breed of man that buys a car he desperately loves and then leaves it in a garage all week while their life drains away driving something not unlike a Golf TDI...

I drive mine daily and in another 5 years it might be run in

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Every penny and I have watched it depreciate roughly a grand a month. Eventually it will bounce a bit but you dont buy a car for an investment.
    You're daily vehicle - no, but I've bought and sold a few classics with results. It's hard work though.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    The question is the new car ££££ much nicer than your Saab? Yes, my Mum's new Benz was a good degree nicer than either of the two smokers I've had, but not tens of thousands nicer. Depends on the amount of spare cash you have I guess.
    Every penny and I have watched it depreciate roughly a grand a month. Eventually it will bounce a bit but you dont buy a car for an investment.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    When I say filthy, I'm not talking about the colour, the car is a total mess. Both the colour and its state are a deliberate two fingers up.
    A mate of mine treated his brand new Jag like that (his name was down for a brand new Aston ).
    Rubbish and fag ash everywhere, rizlas, cans etc. etc. total state

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    When I say filthy, I'm not talking about the colour, the car is a total mess. Both the colour and its state are a deliberate two fingers up.
    It's "filthy" like that...

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That's the thing - bright colour can help prevent accident as the car is more visible than black (that I had).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    filthy lime green Bentley Continental GT known to man.
    That's the thing - bright colour can help prevent accident as the car is more visible than black (that I had).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The depreciation is horrific.
    It's depreciation of ones life one should worry about ...

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That is the thing. I have heard of a Land Rover owner who buys a brand new one every 3 months. Never cleans it or anything.
    A friend's dad drivers round the shadier parts of south London (or at least what used to be) collecting his rent money in the most filthy lime green Bentley Continental GT known to man. It has all the accoutrements of a builder's van.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Depends on the amount of spare cash you have I guess.
    That is the thing. I have heard of a Land Rover owner who buys a brand new one every 3 months. Never cleans it or anything.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I went from a 51 plate Saab with only 120k on the clock and a full Saab City London service history to my new car and I can tell you even with all the servicing you can get it's not as nice as a comfy warm new car when you are driving up the m4 in the rain.
    The question is the new car ££££ much nicer than your Saab? Yes, my Mum's new Benz was a good degree nicer than either of the two smokers I've had, but not tens of thousands nicer. Depends on the amount of spare cash you have I guess.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You only live once.
    The depreciation is horrific. As soon as you leave the showroom you are down 20%(okay - 16.666% to shut up *******) as no-one will pay you back the VAT.

And whenever you leave it anywhere you worry.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You only live once.
    You’re right. I will use the money saved to pay for a blow job with a hooker when driving along the M4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X