• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Namby Pamby kids and parents."

Collapse

• The Clown Beater
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    By the time I was 17 we were on the farm. My treck to school was...
    I drove. In my land rover!

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Was that the same college that you attended?
    2 pages of posts and it took a dog to spot the typo
    go lick your balls as a treat

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "A guy here has just gone home to pick up his son and drive him the 1 mile to collage."
    Do you have to go somewhere special for that now? When I were a lad we'd just chop up bits of old magazines and stick them to card on the kitchen table.

Ah, well, times change I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    A guy here has just gone home to pick up his son and drive him the 1 mile to collage.

BECAUSE IT'S RAINING!

FFS!

Was that the same college that you attended?

Leave a comment:

• thief
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Kids are just spoilt rotten!!
    So are the parents. Where else in the world, do people eat like an elephant and just go into rehab when they get to fat to get out of bed?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    A guy here has just gone home to pick up his son and drive him the 1 mile to collage.
    Is there something wrong with him ? The father I mean ? FFS !

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Glad to hear it's all going well MF

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayleigh
    Don't you hate it when you forget to change!
    Gosh chaps - we may have another lass!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nothing we can really do for the little one, just a question of sitting around while she heals. She seems quite happy now, pity it's a 2.5 hr drive one way - so I'm best to work and visit, it's just the contract is a lot lot harder than I thought and the whole week snowballed as my Ebay shop was loaded on Friday last week and the orders, emails have been horrendous. It's what the missus was doing. I've now pulled everything but have 35 orders waiting to go out.

See if I can balance all.

All in all Granny. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    1st time unable to cope with the demands of a contract, thinking of binning it.
    If you can't cope, jack it in for sure. It's at level zero on the importance scale compared to your daughter's well being.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No looks stable. Couldnt get down tonight as finished late and still have to wait for something from the states.

1st time unable to cope with the demands of a contract, thinking of binning it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    "A guy here has just gone home to pick up his son and drive him the 1 mile to collage."

Couldnt agree more. My daughter has a broken femur, bruised arm and is lying in traction. We still make her get out of her cot and get her own milk!

Don't know they're born kids today...
    Everything still okay, MF? We're all still rooting for you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Couldnt agree more. My daughter has a broken femur, bruised arm and is lying in traction. We still make her get out of her cot and get her own milk!

Don't know they're born kids today...

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Don't you hate it when you forget to change!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I guess my parents must not have liked me much. When I was 9 I had to go to a school where I had to catch 2 busses to get to school, involving a change in town. Nobody showed me what to do I just got to the bus station and worked it out.

By the time I was 17 we were on the farm. My treck to school was

1 - run a mile to the school bus - all down a steep hill so I could do this in about 4 to 5 mins. A complete pain when it was raining!

2 - A bus to the village (about 3 miles)

3 - A bus to Rochdale about 10 miles

4 - A bus to school about 2 miles

Then I had to do the same thing in to get home.

By the time I got to the bottom of the big hill I would only be picked up if it was raining or snowing.

I used to set off at 6:30 to 7 am and then would get home at around 6:30 pm where my dad would kill me with a breadknife only after I had licked the road clean etc

Kids today!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X