• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gillette Mach 3 vs Fusion"

Collapse

• The Clown Beater
    replied
    I have a battery powered Mach 3 Turbo wotsit bollocks. It slashes up my face. I was put off by the Fusion after seeing someone slash their ear on one at Bluewater as part of a demo!

Tescos dual-blade £1.99 offering does a better job with morrisons budget shaving gel.

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Do you know any ?
    I believe he or somebody recently asserted you were

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Real men use Wilkinson Swords.
    Do you know any ?

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    I admit, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest shaving sensations.

But anyway, I digress...Mach 3 and Fusion Power.

I've used Mach 3 since it was released and was perfectly happy with it.

Then Fusion came out, and I opted for the Power model (it vibrates you see).

Shaved with it and found the shave closer and more comfortable, though there was some shaving rash.

So I switched shaving foam to the Fusion Gel..and the rash went away overnight, and the shave seemed better too.

I'm happy with the product. I can make a blade last a week.

I find the trick is to make one sweep, and swish swash in the sink. Another sweep, and a swish swash again. Keeps the blade clean and free of detrius.

If I had the money, I'd get the lot lasered off and never have to shave again.

See, maybe thats what i need to do, get the appropriate shaving gel to go with it.. I used the old Mach 3 stuff, and it seems the top layer of my face disappear to leave a smooth, but slightly tacky and pinked layer of skin... which means i cant go out all night because i look like a 12 year old who nicked his dads...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Real men use Wilkinson Swords.

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    They are the best. Takes a little longer but it gives the closest shave. As long as you don't rush, you won't cut yourself.

Does my barber on Jermyn Street use a David Beckham Gillette Vibro Quattro Turbo thing? Does he bollocks.
    I'd only pay the parcentage of my hair he cut without a Mach 3 + 20% discount in my favour, if my barber started shaving me with such a thing..... Or I'd just walk out worried about the credibility of the place....

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonic
    See what i really want to try is the old cut throat razors.... I bet they were genuinely good, and needed manly skill to use...
    They are the best. Takes a little longer but it gives the closest shave. As long as you don't rush, you won't cut yourself.

Does my barber on Jermyn Street use a David Beckham Gillette Vibro Quattro Turbo thing? Does he bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sucker For Shaving Technology

I admit, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest shaving sensations.

To me, shaving is my equivalent of Mrs. BGG's monthly woes...except mine is every fekking day.

I hate it. I hate it with a passion.

Yet, I do it, because I hate facial hair even more.

(And don't get me started on other hair. Nothing worse than going down on a lass and smelling the aroma of pi55 on her pubes...ewwwwwww. And yes, I reciprocate..veet works for me, baby)

But anyway, I digress...Mach 3 and Fusion Power.

I've used Mach 3 since it was released and was perfectly happy with it.

Then Fusion came out, and I opted for the Power model (it vibrates you see).

Shaved with it and found the shave closer and more comfortable, though there was some shaving rash.

So I switched shaving foam to the Fusion Gel..and the rash went away overnight, and the shave seemed better too.

I'm happy with the product. I can make a blade last a week.

I find the trick is to make one sweep, and swish swash in the sink. Another sweep, and a swish swash again. Keeps the blade clean and free of detrius.

If I had the money, I'd get the lot lasered off and never have to shave again.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonic
    See what i really want to try is the old cut throat razors.... I bet they were genuinely good, and needed manly skill to use...
    Never tried one of those, but the best old style "safety razor" I ever bought was on holiday in Africa. It was made in China - none of this marketing rubbish we get - it was meant to last, and dirt cheap to boot.

Leave a comment:

• DanTheMan
    replied
    I invested in an electrich shaver once. Wasn't sure about how much pressure was needed and nearly drilled down to my teeth! Now I use Gillette Mach3 and the same blade until my stuble breaks it.

P.S. I very very nearly swapped to Wilkinson when I saw the Gillette ad with Beckham shaving. First thing he does in the morning is shave, right? Wrong. He sticks in his earings and then shaves ffs!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Oh woe is me, I use the cheapo 90p razors and gel from ASDA. One razor usually lasts me about 2 weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman
    That's comparable with my first realisation that ink cartridges had got too expensive - they were all under lock and key.

Has anyone come across electric Gillette razors?

I saw a pile of them on half price sale just before last Xmas.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane
    You know there's something wrong when Morrisons (the supermarket) have a dedicated CCTV camera to watch the shelves containing shaving blades.
    That's comparable with my first realisation that ink cartridges had got too expensive - they were all under lock and key.

Has anyone come across electric Gillette razors?

I saw a pile of them on half price sale just before last Xmas.

Edit to say that these were a combination of an electric toothbrush with a Mach 3 razor.
    Last edited by Sysman; 17 November 2006, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
    I wish they'd stop making these things shave closer and closer. Give me half a blade that makes it look like a day and a half's growth. Otherwise I look like a teenager.
    Quite, I would also like an even beard, not one that tapers out as it reaches my goatie... Just looks like i have large SideBoards.. and should be running a farm in Somerset having my milk curdled by a fat old jolly milkwoman.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeGregan
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme
    I think they are trying to have as many blades as there are Rocky films - the 6th is just to be released !
    I wish they'd stop making these things shave closer and closer. Give me half a blade that makes it look like a day and a half's growth. Otherwise I look like a teenager.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X