• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Which Rucksack?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which Rucksack?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's tiny.

Mind you I also have a large handbag to put make up in.
    It is way too small, quite a bad buy tbh. I can pack light but it's full with two dresses and a pair of heels. Not acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Why not go retro and get a good old 1970s haversack?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I have one a bit like this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ogio-Master...gio+laptop+bag

Has lasted me three years. 15" laptop, ipad, leads and a load of main storge space which I hardly ever use but could easily fit a days worth of clothes in. 36L.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Next project is a train commute away so I too was looking at laptop backpacks, just could not find anything that fitted the size / style I wanted.

So I have designed one; it’s currently in mid construction, parts cut, need to do some dye samples to get the colour I want.

Suede & leather combo with contrasting colours & stitching, with laptop compartment, space for handbag, lunch bag & book, and separate compartments for travel card, water bottle & smokes. Hardware in antique bronze colour, brown suede, leather parts colour TBC with Celtic knot engraving.

This way I get what I want & it’s unique.

Yes I do, do commissions but it’s not cheap; a decent leather laptop bag is c£500 & will take 4-6 weeks.
    Sounds fab, needs pics when its done!

I took a walk Oxford Street and was impressed with these guys Sandqvist, although they only had the smaller version in stock, but they do a 22l and a 27l which should do the job, in both looks and function.

https://www.sandqvist.net/shop/backp...rs-goran-multi

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Got one of these too if I need to carry more stuff around

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Can't see why one would worry about the bag design, especially if someone else carry's it for one anyway

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    So glad I pay £100 a week for Monday to Thursday lodgings, where I can leave stuff in my room over the weekend, park right outside and drive door to door between there and clientco and home, so I needn't bother with all this bag nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Its far easier to split your need and have an ultra small day case that has no space for unnecessary
    crap like 4 million cables and chargers. then have a small overnight bag that will cover 3 days of shirts etc. that way you only have to carry loads of crap when you arrive or leave.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    I've got one of these at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Next project is a train commute away so I too was looking at laptop backpacks, just could not find anything that fitted the size / style I wanted.

So I have designed one; it’s currently in mid construction, parts cut, need to do some dye samples to get the colour I want.

Suede & leather combo with contrasting colours & stitching, with laptop compartment, space for handbag, lunch bag & book, and separate compartments for travel card, water bottle & smokes. Hardware in antique bronze colour, brown suede, leather parts colour TBC with Celtic knot engraving.

Yes I do, do commissions but it’s not cheap; a decent leather laptop bag is c£500 & will take 4-6 weeks.
    Could we have a photo when finished please?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's tiny.

Yes, but in all fairness, I doubt that is going to do much for Simon Mac's street cred in Yorkshire.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've got a Swissgear. Had it for years. Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've got one of these which hasn't worked out for me (I think the clothes storage claims are for people who don't wear high heels or require make up to look human).

Need to get rid of it really, offers accepted and all that
    That's tiny.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've got one of these which hasn't worked out for me (I think the clothes storage claims are for people who don't wear high heels or require make up to look human).

Need to get rid of it really, offers accepted and all that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X