• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Calling Giant Alien Lizard!!!"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    I might be going off you.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Spitting image.
    I might be going off you.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    And...
    Spitting image.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wossa matter?

Who woke me up?

We keep fighting. We need a strong Giant Alien Lizard to guide us.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    LB I'm getting the imagine of you as a rather portly chap with red cheeks, maybe like someone out of a Dickens novel. Would this be far wrong?

http://www.antiquemapsandprints.com/SCANSb/b-10212.JPG

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Good luck to him - but did he eat any of your pie?

No

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    That's how SallyAnne fantasises about me.

And...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    LB I'm getting the imagine of you as a rather portly chap with red cheeks, maybe like someone out of a Dickens novel. Would this be far wrong?

That's how SallyAnne fantasises about me.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I can't believe you make your own butter.

(and I wish I could think of something witty about can't believe it's not your own butter etc etc)
    I do. It's very easy and tastes so much better.

I feel for you, I was having the same trouble yesterday with "coming out for Christmas".

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    I can't believe how much better home made butter tastes.

I can't believe you make your own butter.

(and I wish I could think of something witty about can't believe it's not your own butter etc etc)

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Sounds great LB!

So incensed was I to see that Duchy's vanilla fudge was £2.99 from Waitrose and contained 6 small pieces, I decided to make my own.

2 cans condensed milk, half a block of unsalted butter (not homemade LB like yours!), some real vanilla pods and a bag of caster sugar.

Mixed constantly over medium heat for over an hour until hardening, beat then cool.

Lovely (although a little soft when at room temperature).
    Good one, hyperD. I've done very little confectionary myself as I would just scoff the lot in one sitting.

I can't believe how much better home made butter tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I think Lucy deserves a nice tea cooked for her!

You would have been proud of me last night though - I made cottage pie, all by myself, in the oven and everything! And it was gorgeous - my lad had second portions

I dont think I'll ever be brave enough to try a propper pie though!
    I agree, and I nominate myself for the job. The poor girl is feeling poorly today and needs some pampering.

Cottage pie is always a winner in my book and you know you've got it right when your dishing up seconds.

Proper pie isn't too much harder. You could do it, SallyAnne, I have faith in you.

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Sounds great LB!

So incensed was I to see that Duchy's vanilla fudge was £2.99 from Waitrose and contained 6 small pieces, I decided to make my own.

2 cans condensed milk, half a block of unsalted butter (not homemade LB like yours!), some real vanilla pods and a bag of caster sugar.

Mixed constantly over medium heat for over an hour until hardening, beat then cool.

Lovely (although a little soft when at room temperature).
    I WISH i had that much time in my life, or space in my brain for cooking stuff, it's a part of me I've never trully indulged in.... like music. I got a guitar, but I barely stum it.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    You would have been proud of me last night though - I made cottage pie, all by myself, in the oven and everything! And it was gorgeous - my lad had second portions
    Good luck to him - but did he eat any of your pie?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X