• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany’s trade surplus is a threat to global stability, and must be fixed"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Can I come talk to you?
    I don't count as I'm not an OAP.

And no you can't come and talk to me - that's just creepy...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You need to get out more and talk to OAPs.
    Can I come talk to you?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Even if you're an elderly spinster living on a state pension who just happens to have no mortgage and is struggling to get by...
    That old chestnut [emoji23]

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Lol. All I'm saying is if you live in a massive house then you clearly are wealthy enough not to need heating allowance..
    You need to get out more and talk to OAPs.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Fairness in society should be in the first place to those who help keep it - taxpayers.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Lol. All I'm saying is if you live in a massive house then you clearly are wealthy enough not to need heating allowance..
    Their wealth is none of your business, as long as they paid all taxes it's totally irrelevant issue - the entitlement to any benefits should maybe depend on taxes paid, but not on what current wealth the person got, again, as long as taxes were paid.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Not always true, there are plenty of people living in massive houses that are barely making ends meet.

Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Even if you're an elderly spinster living on a state pension who just happens to have no mortgage and is struggling to get by...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Your envy will consume you

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Tie it to council tax band then. If you are in a high band - you are rich. So no winter fuelZ
    Your envy will consume you

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Germany’s trade surplus is a threat to global stability, and must be fixed

Means testing is totally wrong - it costs money and most importantly cuts off those who pay tax to support the system in the first place.
    Tie it to council tax band then. If you are in a high band - you are rich. So no winter fuelZ
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 17 April 2017, 16:27.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm all for taking away all soft benefits and means testing the rest.
    Why a boomer in a 6 bed detached on 3 acres needs heating allowance is beyond me!
    Means testing is totally wrong - it costs money and most importantly cuts off those who pay tax to support the system in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Why a boomer in a 6 bed detached on 3 acres needs heating allowance is beyond me!
    Often, means testing is more expensive than just giving the money away to everyone, no questions asked.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    When you consider that chart above, it's not just that Brits have suffered a -10% wage growth but they now find themselves with a difference of 25% wage growth compared to some of their EU counterparts. 25%

I'm not sure what the UK's game plan is but I hope it works out for them!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    All spending should have been reduced pro-rate by 10% over 5-10 year period, that would have given nice budget proficit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X