• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is this really news????"

Collapse

• thief
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    Man gets a refund without having to argue or threaten anyone for it:
    xp refund

"I've cost Dell £50, not Microsoft, which is a slightly annoying," said Mr Mitchell

I guess that the BBC's Bill Thompson is right now on his way to the man's house to gently fellate him for an hour or so for sticking one up on the evil computer corps.
    Good luck to him. Bill Gates must be crying right now that microsoft has lost £50. If its dell, I feel sorry for them, they are doing as bad as b&q.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Oh come on, the BBC is relentlessly anti-Microsoft... every opportunity they have to scream 'dangerous flaws in Internet Explorer', 'man eaten alive by Windows XP', etc, gets put up on the website...

Basically a bunch of politically correct linux luvvies given funding by the taxpayer, as thats the only way they could survive in IT. And that guy in the non-story is probably their mate. Their only one.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    You didn't either Mrs Goof. And yes that's a scary, scary picture, the one with the horse that is.

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Just the sort of clueless, yet opinionated jerk who gives IT monkeys a bad rap.
    What is it with the Beeb these days, they seem as if they're on a self-destuctive mission to find the worst possible people to back up their stories?

Or is this the kinship which those who work there see in themselves...

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    but did he get the last word in

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    apparently he doesn't do windows or suits
    http://www.iabyn.com
    Also...

At this point there should be lots of waffle about how brilliant I am, and about all the exciting things that I've done over the years, but there's no point, because you wouldn't believe me anyway
    Well, he's right there!

What an utter tossoir - and a very ugly one at that.

Just the sort of clueless, yet opinionated jerk who gives IT monkeys a bad rap.

Actually, my chiefest chief hobby at the moment is fixing bugs in the Perl 5 interpreter.
    Obviously no sex on the horizon then!

P.S. Hope he's checking his server logs for referrals
    Last edited by bogeyman; 15 November 2006, 16:49.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    That's a frightening piccie he's got there...

Makes one feel sympathy for the horse...
    I hadn't seen that.. and now after seeing it I think i'll need a fair bit of alcohol to get to sleep tonight

Leave a comment:

• The Clown Beater
    replied
    Sounds like 'Mr Mitchell' is a sad little geek tit who gets his jollies by pretending he's given Bill Gates a sleepless night over his refusal to buy a copy of a Microsoft OS.

How does this stuff make the news?
    Oh lovely - one of them. I'd love to throw them all in a pit one day.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Sounds like 'Mr Mitchell' is a sad little geek tit who gets his jollies by pretending he's given Bill Gates a sleepless night over his refusal to buy a copy of a Microsoft OS.

apparently he doesn't do windows or suits
    http://www.iabyn.com

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Clown Beater
    replied
    Who needs a £50 rebate - you can sell the CDs on ebay for about £80!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    and even more shocking, this similar but perhaps more news worthy story didn't make it to BBC News:
    the reg

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    i missed this:
    Freelance programmer Dave Mitchell
    The BBC really do pick the most annoying freelancers/contractors ever.
    what the hell is £50 to a contractor?

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    the story of "Dell gives refund to customer based upon it's long running policy" doesn;t quite sound so good.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Is this really news????

Is this really news????

Man gets a refund without having to argue or threaten anyone for it:
    xp refund

"I've cost Dell £50, not Microsoft, which is a slightly annoying," said Mr Mitchell

I guess that the BBC's Bill Thompson is right now on his way to the man's house to gently fellate him for an hour or so for sticking one up on the evil computer corps.

Working...
X