• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Granite worktops are they worth it ?"

Collapse

• kramer
    replied
    for what its worth i have an oak worktop tooo.... and my opinion is they are totally wicked...(as far as worktops go)

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    I wood like to say its the wanking but.....

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    I had a speckled-look worktop (not granite) once. It covered up practically anything. Had to run my hand over it to check if it needed cleaning. You could lose your dinner on it if you took your eyes off it.

Just my opinion, it's not written in stone.

Yeah thats what I dont like about them - I like Kitchen worktops to be clean, and with granite you just cant tell if they are.

I'm not a fan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy
    I had the choice when putting in my kitchen.

I went for the oak work surface in the end as my wife is a caterer and we really use the kitchen, and the granite stuff looks good but will not the stand the obuse of a producing for 200.

The wood work surface can be sanded down and re-oiled when it starts to look tired, you can't do this with granate.

You can also sand out the knife marks which are inevitable if you use the kitchen.

Put I would say that granite looks great.
    Oh FFS!

Are you retarded MonkeyBoy? Or is all that w4nking affecting your eyesight?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Granite looks lovely but it's very cold on your back.
    The goose pimples and hardening of nipples associated with sudden coldness only serve to excite most men even more though.....

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    Got to go touch myself........................................

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Granite looks lovely but it's very cold on your back.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Also grantie should always be nice and cool to the touch, which I personally quite like. I'm sure the wife would be telling me we need it heated after a couple of weeks though

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    I had the choice when putting in my kitchen.

I went for the oak work surface in the end as my wife is a caterer and we really use the kitchen, and the granite stuff looks good but will not the stand the obuse of a producing for 200.

The wood work surface can be sanded down and re-oiled when it starts to look tired, you can't do this with granate.

You can also sand out the knife marks which are inevitable if you use the kitchen.

Put I would say that granite looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    oh dear

so why bother going to all the expense of the granite worktops ?

why not have wood ?

Milan.
    Use cardboard. Can be recycled and you can have a different design every day.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    So you spend a fortune on granite and you can't cut on it, can't put pans on it and spend the rest of your life being frightened to use it in case you scratch it.

Be better with £50 worth of granite-look chipboard.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    oh dear

so why bother going to all the expense of the granite worktops ?

why not have wood ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    If only everything was as indestructible as the marketing boys make out.....

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    that link says don't put hot pans on the granite I thought with
    the granite you can put hot pans on it

doh

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    thanks for the feedback

I thought with granite you don't need chopping boards
    as you can't scratch the granite ?

Milan.
    Au contraire, as I use knives with blades made from diamonds as big as your fist.

Threaded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X