• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's Official SallyAnne is a woman"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    I agree SA, the problem is, it seems that so many manager types couldn't run a bath, and the idea of working to deadlines or deliverables is completely out of their reach.

Lucy have a bad day.

Oh no - the new job not working out so well?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Ah that must be amazing - I'd love to land a job where I worked from home on deadline driven stuff! Thats like my holy grail!

I agree SA, the problem is, it seems that so many manager types couldn't run a bath, and the idea of working to deadlines or deliverables is completely out of their reach.

Lucy have a bad day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Ah that must be amazing - I'd love to land a job where I worked from home on deadline driven stuff! Thats like my holy grail!
    I definitely think so. Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm into the quiet time before Christmas now so I'm not expecting much if any business from now until the new year.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Apart from the odd day here and there I work from home plus my work (apart from sales pitches) is entirely deadline driven. As long as it gets done by the required date my clients don't care less where or how I so it. My line of work is very on/off - I might do 5 days one week and none the next.

Besides, haven't you heard? Bread is the new rock 'n' roll. I'm considering a sideline in home deliveries.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Paula
    Yeah, he sounds like a real catch
    Just a shame I'm not the dish of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    DANCE TO YOUR DADDY TRADITIONAL

Dance to your daddy, my little baby,
    Dance to your daddy, my little lamb.
    You shall have a fish and you shall have a fin,
    And you shall have a haddock when the boat comes in.

Dance to your daddy, my little laddie,
    Dance to your daddy, my little man.
    You shall have a fishy in a little dishy,
    You shall have a fishy when the boat comes in.

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

Dance to your daddy, my little baby,
    Dance to your daddy, my little lamb.
    You shall have a fish and you shall have a fin,
    And you shall have a haddock when the boat comes in.

As sung as a signature tune for "When the Boat Comes In" all those years ago...
    The devil has all the best tunes

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Do you work Lucifer? Or do you just stay in the house baking all day? (I wish you were my neighbour!!)
    Apart from the odd day here and there I work from home plus my work (apart from sales pitches) is entirely deadline driven. As long as it gets done by the required date my clients don't care less where or how I so it. My line of work is very on/off - I might do 5 days one week and none the next.

Besides, haven't you heard? Bread is the new rock 'n' roll. I'm considering a sideline in home deliveries.

Leave a comment:

• Paula
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Joined on the 18th of October 2006, posts 14.67 per day... must be a woman.
    You don't mind what we say when we wear stockings and suspenders though do you?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Ahhhhh thans Zeity - that was beautiful! Even in your Giant Alien Lizard accent!

Leave a comment:

• Paula
    replied
    Yeah, he sounds like a real catch

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Yam soup, anyone? I have some nice crusty fennel seed rolls I baked this morning to go with it.

Do you work Lucifer? Or do you just stay in the house baking all day? (I wish you were my neighbour!!)

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Yam soup, anyone? I have some nice crusty fennel seed rolls I baked this morning to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    I'm only joking yamyam
    Yam yam indeed - true, but painful...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied