• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK domain names observation"

Collapse

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    There seems to be an extremely strong preference to start UK domains names with letter C.

Just thought to let you know.

HTH
    No they don't its just a bug in SKA you left the like 'C*' filter in that you put there when you tested it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Here:

UK ISP mislays domains beginning with 'C'
    Legend Communications cock-up
    By Lester Haines → More by this author
    Published Thursday 23rd November 2006 09:35 GMT
    Find your perfect job - click here for thousands of tech vacancies.

UK ISP Legend Communications has been suffering an alphabetical technical problem over the past couple of days apparently affecting its Designer Servers customers:

That Legend Communications report in full

Mercifully, Legend is now part of THUS plc which boasts a "state-of-the-art next-generation network". This would explain why the latest network status report declares the issue has "now been located and the problem eradicated".

Indeed, Legend customers should note that merely mislaying domains beginning with "C" is a great improvement on previous performance. Back in September, the ISP's email, IP telephony and domain name servers were smitten by a catastrophic power outage at Legend's Docklands IP House, resulting in much wailing and gnashing of teeth. ®
    Bootnote

Thanks to James Green for alerting us to the "C" emergency. According to another rattled reader - Simon Evans - the explanation for the outrage was previous explain thus: "The c section of the zone rebuild on the dns servers has gone a bit foo barred'." This, he notes, is "less than reassuring".

----------

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11...endary_mishap/

Leave a comment:

• TheOmegaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by hattra
    Has OmegaMan really lost it, or is he just pretending?
    There is only one truth my child.

First came the American, but he was created in thy image and then poisoned by the serpents. This bitter reflection of self made the Wocky, a fearsome creature of all past and current ills. The wocky was a mirror which was shattered by the demons. And now there is Omega, and Legend walks supreme.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
    The magic is in the optimisation and Farley's rusks. They are good for teething bunny rabbits as long as the milk is warm and the pressure is firm.
    Has OmegaMan really lost it, or is he just pretending?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    None of my .co.uk's starts with a C. In fact out of the 15 or so domains I own only one actually starts with a C....

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Mine starts with a C aswell

Spooky!!
    Wooh. Shiver me timbers.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Ironically I have 2 that start with a C.
    Mine starts with a C aswell

Spooky!!

Leave a comment:

• TheOmegaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Magic...
    The magic is in the optimisation and Farley's rusks. They are good for teething bunny rabbits as long as the milk is warm and the pressure is firm.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Ironically I have 2 that start with a C.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    All part of the master plan, eh?

Are you in league with Zeitghost's lot?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No comments.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Alexei, did you know that majestic12.com points to some Belgian UFO nuts' website?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Magic...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Magic...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    There seems to be an extremely strong preference to start UK domains names with letter C.

Just thought to let you know.

HTH

How do you know these things AtW?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X