• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No A50 this week (lol)"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Stop being daft. Theresa has her WTF fallback plan which will definitely work.
    FTFY...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm amused. So many Brexitiers saying what the EU can and cannot do. Suddenly they're the authority.
    Stop being daft. Theresa has her WTO fallback plan which will definitely work.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm amused. So many Brexitiers saying what the EU can and cannot do. Suddenly they're the authority.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Without the muppets more determined to get their own way than do what is correct for the people they claim to represent there would never have been UKIP, there would never have been a leave campaign and there would never have been a referendum. And we all would have been getting on with our lives absolutely fine.

Sobering thought.
    What on earth are you saying?

Are you seriously claiming that people shouldn't have been given the choice?

Do you not understand that ukip has risen as a result of no one representing the people? The people did not vote to leave because of ukip.

The people have never been asked if they wanted to be subject to the governance of 27 other nations or a combined court. They should have been.

You are either arrogant or in denial. As you seem fairly decent I'll assume that you just don't get it. Still.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Without the muppets more determined to get their own way than do what is correct for the people they claim to represent there would never have been UKIP, there would never have been a leave campaign and there would never have been a referendum. And we all would have been getting on with our lives absolutely fine.
    Brought to you from the red carpet at La La Land!!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    The danger is you have muppets like AtW in the middle that are more determined to get their own way than do what is correct for the people they claim to represent.

Sobering thought.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    The danger is you have muppets like AtW in the middle that are more determined to get their own way than do what is correct for the people they claim to represent.
    You are ruining the debate.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I don't see how that can be achieved. Unless the EU agrees a smooth orderly and seamless transition and new relationship; the deal will be bad for the EU. Granted it will also be bad for the UK but it will be bad all round.
    EU can't allow Brexit to be smooth, orderly and seamless - even if UK stops importing everything from EU after Brexit, that's perfectly acceptable for EU.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't represent anybody other than myself.

And yes, I'll get it my own way, Brexit or not.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Why not, we are a member of the WTO already?
    Oh dear.

http://www.ictsd.org/opinion/nothing...us-post-brexit

The UK is already a WTO member, but its membership terms are bundled with the EU’s. Re-establishing the UK’s WTO status in its own right means both the UK and the EU would negotiate simultaneously with the rest of the WTO’s members to extract their separate membership terms. Agreement on the UK’s terms is unlikely before those of the EU.

For its part, the UK would have to negotiate with the EU itself, the US, China, Russia, India, Brazil, and any trading nation or group of nations that matters, large or small, rich or poor. It would only take one objection to hold up the talks because the WTO operates by consensus, not voting, one reason why WTO negotiations take so long.
    Add in Argentina and Spain.
    Last edited by northernladyuk; 24 January 2017, 16:59.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    I don't see how that can be achieved. Unless the EU agrees a smooth orderly and seamless transition and new relationship; the deal will be bad for the EU. Granted it will also be bad for the UK but it will be bad all round.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    So there's a risk that the UK may not be able to reach a deal with the EU. However a leading Brexiteer suggests there is no risk of this.

Theresa's contingency is to fall back on WTO terms, which the UK cannot access.

Whoops!
    Why not, we are a member of the WTO already?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Wrong.

It's in EU's interests that UK gets no deal or super bad deal for UK, but awesome for EU, so that others don't follow this stupid path.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    So there's a risk that the UK may not be able to reach a deal with the EU. However a leading Brexiteer suggests there is no risk of this.

Theresa's contingency is to fall back on WTO terms, which the UK cannot access.

Whoops!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's in the EU's interests for a deal with the UK. Once the ideology is spent, the finance grown ups will put a rudimentary deal in place.
    Wrong.

It's in EU's interests that UK gets no deal or super bad deal for UK, but awesome for EU, so that others don't follow this stupid path.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X