• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Eurovision

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eurovision"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    We didn't get many points. Maybe we should wheel out Lyndsey De Paul next year
    Hmmmm….inneresting….

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Lyndsey was one half of the duo (can't remember the name of the act nor the other half of the duo) that performed that song as the United Kingdom's Eurovision entry back in, crikey - must have been around 1978.
    Identical misspelling.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    We're we any good?
    Inner'esting.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yes, shame Lynda didn't get an outing during the halftime proceedings this year.

Absolutely hilarious!
    Feck off, you insufferable twat.

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    I missed our entry.

We're we any good?

We didn't get many points. Maybe we should wheel out Lyndsey De Paul next year

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Hmmm... looking foward to hearing some great numbers this weekend.

I'll be watching the whole show from the very first note.

Can't wait.

I'll be rooting for Sweden as usual, partly because I've given up on the UK ever winning again* but mainly because Sweden are the best hosts and we'll get to see the wonnerful Lynda Woodruff with her hilarious skit as an official spokesperson of the European Broadcasting Union.

*The last time we won it was one of those occassions that I remember what I was doing when I heard the news. We were all bowling along the Polden Hills on our way back from Lynmouth when the news came in that Katrina and the Waves had won with Walking on Sunshine so we all piles into the nearby Toby Inn and had a celebratory drink.
    Yes, shame Lynda didn't get an outing during the halftime proceedings this year.

Absolutely hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Mmmm. Proof positive Moderation has killed this forum see 2018 thread

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    You definitely don't know how to read, or you pick 2 or 3 words and you twist everything. I would call a lack of arguments as always.

Again, you don't know the difference between a sick people making jokes with themselves with sick people make jokes with healthy people. For you, it's the same, I have pity on you.
    No the issue is that you don't know what:
    1. The various meanings of English words are, and,
    2. The fact that most British jokes use double entendre or rely on historical events.

Oh and don't presume anything about posters on this board health or otherwise.

Feck I'm glad my European friends including Germans aren't as thick as you.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    More ignorance.
    Feck you have a sense of humour bypass.

Some countries stupidly spend loads on international events like Eurovision. Even countries that don't can get caught out if they win to much e.g. Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Now to bankrupt Portugal next year!!
    More ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You have just proved my point. Oh and it's "chronic" not "chronicle".

I know the difference and so do many on here due to personal circumstances.

When you don't know what words mean look them up in a dictionary.
    You definitely don't know how to read, or you pick 2 or 3 words and you twist everything. I would call a lack of arguments as always.

Again, you don't know the difference between a sick people making jokes with themselves with sick people make jokes with healthy people. For you, it's the same, I have pity on you.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    How can you prove that I don't know the difference between a terminal and a chronicle disease? It's so difficult!!!
    You have just proved my point. Oh and it's "chronic" not "chronicle".

And so what!!! Obviously, you are so idiot that you can't see the difference.
    I know the difference and so do many on here due to personal circumstances.

These arguments don't make any sense.
    When you don't know what words mean look them up in a dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I was reading Russian jokes at weekend about 'distrofiks' i.e. Patients with muscular dystrophy, some crackers!

Hello my Eagles!, says the doctor

We're not flying doc, the nurse turned the fan on...

That was for ATW....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Makes perfect sense to anyone with a basic grasp of English.
    To be fair you and I have particular reasons why we know the difference, someone with a grasp of English like Bee would have to look the difference up in a dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Obviously, you are so idiot that you can't see the difference.

These arguments don't make any sense.
    Makes perfect sense to anyone with a basic grasp of English.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    'Save all your kisses for me' Shirley?

The late great Bolton comic Bob Williamson did a version called 'save all your kippers for tea' - B side was 'Don't cry for my old Cortina'
    Was he in the Barron Nights?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X