• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sky poll demonstrates support for leaving the single market"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    If the CH model is the goal then great, all the same rules, paying in, and no benefits for the ordinary people

Have you seen the duty free limits from CH towards an EU country

Go for it

Milan
    Whatever keeps Ms May in power and limits Tory infighting.

The only opposition party around that are organised are the SNP and they are Scotland only...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    If the CH model is the goal then great, all the same rules, paying in, and no benefits for the ordinary people

Go for it

Milan
    I think that's the Medium Brexit he was banging on about.
    Feck me talk about falling out of the stupid tree and hitting all the branches on the way down.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    So you're going to go to the country that has the model to which we will most closely align.

Welcome on board.

Go for it

Milan

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    So you're going to go to the country that has the model to which we will most closely align.

Welcome on board.
    So we're accepting Freedom of Movement now?
    Did I miss some news?
    Oh wait it's the CUK village idiot talking bollux again

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Interestingly, British IT Recruitment Agencies are dominant throughout Europe

I wonder how they are feeling and what their future holds

Milan

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The usual Brexiter bollux and cliches.
    I will continue to run my business and move it to wherever location it thrives. If not here then most probably Switzerland.

Welcome on board.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I will continue to run my business and move it to wherever location it thrives. If not here then most probably Switzerland.
    Is there much call for Lollipop Men in the cantons then?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Well I am up for the challenges ahead. I am a natural survivor.

Now that it is a fait accompli we are all either part of the solution or part of the problem. Make your mind up time.

The usual Brexiter bollux and cliches.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    Not exactly a crystal ball, just a summary of analysis done by some dreaded 'Experts'.....
    Yes, well they certainly haven't skimped on the "anal" in this particular analysis.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Thought I'd help you out with this as you seemed to be struggling.

For the record, NO, Brexiters don't know exactly how things will play out.

Perhaps one of the Remainers could lend us their crystal ball for a bit of clarity?
    Not exactly a crystal ball, just a summary of analysis done by some dreaded 'Experts'.....

The notion that the UK can simply “fall back” to WTO rules as providing an alternative (as summarised in “no deal is better than a bad deal”) is, in our view, very dangerous. Significant parts of the UK service sector would, under these conditions, lose their ability to provide services to EU-based counterparties overnight. Much of the plumbing that supports trade in goods and services on a day-to- day basis would be left without defined administrative processes and legal foundation. The imposition of tariffs is almost a side show relative to these issues. In addition, the UK is threatening that under constrained market access it would reinvent itself as a pseudo-Singapore of Northern Europe via low corporate tax rates and a ‘new economic model’. We note that the success of such low-tax entrepots has typically been at least partially based on the ability of firms to access markets in their locale, not on the withdrawal of that access. And, as we wrote yesterday, it is far from clear that there is a durable political commitment to the UK becoming a permanently low-corporate tax, low-regulation locale.

Taken as a whole, we do not view the no-deal WTO option as credible. So what happens in these negotiations? We assume that the EU will not seek a punitive arrangement for the UK, only that it will negotiate guided by its legitimate self-interest. Even so, we see a high likelihood of a disruptive and damaging outcome. For some time, we have argued that the bespoke FTA route would ultimately see the UK realise that it could not land the required deal within a pre-2020 election timeframe, while the option of a “WTO only” route would be recognised as untenable. Hence, it would be forced to prioritise a set of sectoral deals while seeking to extend the Article 50 process, and the result would be an exit under a hastily arranged patchwork of deals with some sectors seeing significant disruption upon the EU exit. An alternative (to which we ascribe only slightly less probability) is that the EU offers the UK a heavily modified temporary version of EEA membership to allow further time for discussion on future arrangements as the EU exit occurs. While that may have broader sectoral coverage, accepting it would come at high political cost for May, having eschewed the EEA route at the outset.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    not me old son, I passed the language and culture
    exams last November
    and in a few months
    will have my dual nationality and second passport for the
    country where I live

Milan
    Will there be any form of veto if you flunk the Punctuation Exams?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You really live in cloud cuckoo land if you think the bottom 50% are going to prosper under Brexit.
    You really live in cloud cuckoo land if you imagined they were prospering within the EU.

They voted for change, and change they will get. Most of those who voted for it felt things could not get much worse.

Oddly enough, most of those that are whining are those that were doing very well. Human nature I suppose, personal greed trumping all else.

Well I am up for the challenges ahead. I am a natural survivor.

Now that it is a fait accompli we are all either part of the solution or part of the problem. Make your mind up time.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Well if it DOES go as badly as you seem to be hoping, all you Remainers that are currently plying your trade on the continent, might find yourselves back here bailing out the lifeboats.

All of which gets us back to the REAL gripe that all of the Bremoaning expats have. Narrow self-absorbed worries about how Brexit will affect them PERSONALLY rather than how it might affect the resident people of the UK that voted to LEAVE in such numbers.

this is the thing,

we do not hope it will fail

we hope it will be a success naturally
    we do

but as I already made clear, try as we might
    we're not able to find supporting evidence
    to give us confidence that it will be a success

and the saddest irony for the future generations
    is that in this thread you and other classic Brexiters
    have confirmed you also have no clue what will
    happen

I recommend you read a couple of books

Dying of money

and

When money dies

They are about Germany during the Weimar
    times, this could be you in the not too
    distant future

I hope not

Good luck

Milan

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well if it DOES go as badly as you seem to be hoping, all you Remainers that are currently plying your trade on the continent, might find yourselves back here bailing out the lifeboats.

All of which gets us back to the REAL gripe that all of the Bremoaning expats have. Narrow self-absorbed worries about how Brexit will affect them PERSONALLY rather than how it might affect the resident people of the UK that voted to LEAVE in such numbers.
    You really live in cloud cuckoo land if you think the bottom 50% are going to prosper under Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    not me old son, I passed the language and culture
    exams last November and in a few months
    will have my dual nationality and second passport for the
    country where I live

Milan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X