• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anybody else going to Essen in April ?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks will have a look

maybe drop in there next time we visit the Kur Royal .

I tell you what, that Kaiser had good taste

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I'm not into tuning, the closest I get to tuning is accidently putting the expensive diesel in my car

I'm into the old cars and classics - in that respect Essen is mecca, the largest event in Europe

Milan.
    Then you would like the place over the road from my current hotel: MOTORWORLD | Space for Motoring Passion (there is a brewery in the middle of it and an expensive but slightly different hotel: https://www.v8hotel.de/en/) Next time you're passing through Frankfurt then try: Events Frankfurt | Frankfurt Events: Klassikstadt – die Eventlocation

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    "Grandad visited in 1944 but didn't touch down" Boris Johnson . Feb 2017.

Flashman,

you are Little Britain and I claim my 10pounds prize.

Jokes aside, Great Uncle, Grandfather's Sister's Husband, was a Lancaster pilot in WWII.

He flew bombing raids to Germany, photography runs to Germany photographing from the Ruhr valley across to Dresden and Berlin, and flew aid parcels to Holland which were thrown from the aircraft at low altitude.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Possibly. I go to Essen quite a bit and I've been before and makes for a good day out. Frau D. is looking at getting a Frogeye Sprite plus she's given me the go ahead for a new car although she's started hinting at: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...edes-amg-gt-r/ but it's only a two seater. Have you been to Essen for: ESSEN MOTOR SHOW | Europas führende Messe für sportliche Fahrzeuge which tends to be a bit more in the area of tuning?
    I'm not into tuning, the closest I get to tuning is accidently putting the expensive diesel in my car

I'm into the old cars and classics - in that respect Essen is mecca, the largest event in Europe

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    April no, although I might be tempted to go in October for SPIEL

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I've been threatening to go since '02. Need a few trim bits for my Panzerwagen. It always seems to coincide with more important "things", however.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm in Essen now.

Cold and grey.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning All,

anybody making the annual pilgrimage to Essen in April

Techno Classica Essen

Milan.
    "Grandad visited in 1944 but didn't touch down" Boris Johnson . Feb 2017.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Possibly. I go to Essen quite a bit and I've been before and makes for a good day out. Frau D. is looking at getting a Frogeye Sprite plus she's given me the go ahead for a new car although she's started hinting at: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...edes-amg-gt-r/ but it's only a two seater. Have you been to Essen for: ESSEN MOTOR SHOW | Europas führende Messe für sportliche Fahrzeuge which tends to be a bit more in the area of tuning?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

I guess that's a no

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Anybody else going to Essen in April ?

Anybody else going to Essen in April ?

Morning All,

anybody making the annual pilgrimage to Essen in April

Techno Classica Essen

Milan.

Working...
X