• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Saddest Thing About Brexit"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Shouldn't you be packing instead of posting?
    How comes you only ever post late in the evening? Is it...

(a) because that is when the babysitter starts to get jiggy with her boyfriend leaving you to your own devices
    (b) you're a night shift call center worker

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And least it's not down in the sewers
    Shouldn't you be packing instead of posting?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You would be with your head so far up in the clouds.

And least it's not down in the sewers

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Correct, I'm looking down on you
    You would be with your head so far up in the clouds.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    See Above

Correct, I'm looking down on you

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    **** me you really are thick as tulip. You do know that the law states there can be no negotiation until Article 50 is triggered don't you? The UK signed up to it so need to stand by it. It just show your ignorance and lack of intelligence but if you want people to take you seriously then go and check up on the facts, from the source and not the Daily Bilge that you normally do...
    Yawn.

I know what it says but any commission that actually cared about its people would have the sense to make an exception. You have however, confirmed that the EU sees them as pawns.

Now that you have acknowledged that it's the EU rules that are preventing surety can you lot do the decent thing and stop whinging about how terrible it is for these poor EU citizens? Probably not.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    FTFY
    See Above

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sadly I can't give an imaginative and witty response as I'm not very clever...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    drivel deleted.
    And right on cue, here he is..........."The Saddest Thing About Brexit".

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Lets work the logic of this for you.

By saying "no negotiation until A50" the EU is making people part of the negotiation. Not the UK. The EU is. We are happy to agree beforehand and give people the certainty they deserve but the EU says "no".

If I'm thick you are brain dead.
    **** me you really are thick as tulip. You do know that the law states there can be no negotiation until Article 50 is triggered don't you? The UK signed up to it so need to stand by it. It just show your ignorance and lack of intelligence but if you want people to take you seriously then go and check up on the facts, from the source and not the Daily Bilge that you normally do...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oh, so you want out of bad relationship, but keep the shagging rights, is that it???
    I am not prepared to divulge my demands just yet. However, that would be a good starting point now you mention it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My "Wish" was for the UK to get itself out of a bad relationship. It remains to be seen what the terms will be like, but when the "marriage" was as controlling and dreary, there really only was one sensible option.
    Oh, so you want out of bad relationship, but keep the shagging rights, is that it???

Last edited by AtW; 18 January 2017, 18:22.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So why you wished on UK something you don't wish to do yourself, you hippocritical* cretin?

My "Wish" was for the UK to get itself out of a bad relationship. It remains to be seen what the terms will be like, but when the "marriage" was as controlling and dreary, there really only was one sensible option.

A majority of my fellow countrymen and women were also in agreement. Which gives it a democratic mandate too.....which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Not really, I hinted that I would not be taking any chances on it though. It pays to be prudent.
    So why you wished on UK something you don't wish to do yourself, you hippocritical* cretin?

* Hippopotamus sized hypocrite

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So here we go:

1) you admit that it was you who brought this analogy in
    Yes

2) you also admit that in event of divorce you'd get fooked over
    Not really, I hinted that I would not be taking any chances on it though. It pays to be prudent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X