• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working in Denmark (Copenhagen)"

Collapse

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Two years, and you get an allowance if you have another home in UK (or whereever).
    OK, that would explain it.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Is this 30-35% for short term work only? The guys I know in Denmark are paying far more, although have been there a fair while.
    Two years, and you get an allowance if you have another home in UK (or whereever).

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Is this 30-35% for short term work only? The guys I know in Denmark are paying far more, although have been there a fair while.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I was also approached by eWORK
    Though a good rate but after 35% tax deduction its not worth it

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Not true, you can avail yourself of the Danish Expat Tax Scheme, 30%.

More later in week, family time for the forseeable!
    How long does that give you?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I found something about that in an old thread. Good to hear it's still valid. Although the site I found it on seemed to be a commercial firm than an official Danish site so was wary.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    If you stay for any length of time you will be taxed more than you thought possible. Otherwise a nice place.
    Not true, you can avail yourself of the Danish Expat Tax Scheme, 30%.

More later in week, family time for the forseeable!

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was approached today via LinkedIn for a role in Copenhagen from a company/agency called eWork Group. Other than a generic spec, I don't have a lot of details (a process analyst role on an ITIL implementation project).

Is there anything I need to be aware of, be wary of in considering this? Anything funny about working in Denmark I need to know? Has anyone dealt with the eWork Group?

I have no idea what the rates are for this type of role in the local market so, depending on how far this goes, I need to do a bit of research around what I could expect to charge and all that jazz.

Any hints/tips gratefully received.
    If you stay for any length of time you will be taxed more than you thought possible. Otherwise a nice place.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Working in Denmark (Copenhagen)

Working in Denmark (Copenhagen)

I was approached today via LinkedIn for a role in Copenhagen from a company/agency called eWork Group. Other than a generic spec, I don't have a lot of details (a process analyst role on an ITIL implementation project).

Is there anything I need to be aware of, be wary of in considering this? Anything funny about working in Denmark I need to know? Has anyone dealt with the eWork Group?

I have no idea what the rates are for this type of role in the local market so, depending on how far this goes, I need to do a bit of research around what I could expect to charge and all that jazz.

Any hints/tips gratefully received.

Working...
X