• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Draining the swamp

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Draining the swamp"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I got a handful of Sccukers to vote and then manipulated their references
    So a fairly normal day at the office then.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    So, thinking of defending your, er, title this year DA? What's the nomination process, and how did you manage to circumvent it?
    I got a handful of Sccukers to vote and then manipulated their references

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Cheeky fcker
    So, thinking of defending your, er, title this year DA? What's the nomination process, and how did you manage to circumvent it?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Indeed. Who defined the voting criteria.....Robert Mugabe??
    Cheeky fcker

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Now that's a case for "electoral reform" if ever there was one...
    Indeed. Who defined the voting criteria.....Robert Mugabe??

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Any Newbies have to pay homage to the "Poster of the year" (I will settle for 25% of their earnings)
    Now that's a case for "electoral reform" if ever there was one...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You missed the "Wanted" in white text at the start of your award, didn't you?
    I also forgot to mention the references

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Any Newbies have to pay homage to the "Poster of the year" (I will settle for 25% of their earnings)

You missed the "Wanted" in white text at the start of your award, didn't you?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by drob1984 View Post
    Lets hope it happens, liberalism today seems to mean the opposite of what it should mean. Too many MPs in that chamber who are completely out of touch with the ordinary person who wants to do the right thing, look after their families and pay fair taxes (irony on a contractor forum I know). These MP's claim to be liberals, but they don't appear to respect democracy and hate it if you have a differing opinion to them. They have taken people for granted for too long, hence a Trump victory and to some extent, a Brexit vote.

I for one hope that we take a new course on globalisation and stop outsourcing skilled engineering jobs (particularly IT) to cheaper cost countries. Though for this to happen businesses need a complete change in outlook, the desire for greater and greater profits needs to stop and instead focus on sustainability, start thinking about service, people, families and a good society. I class all of that as a form of Imperialism (Service above self), but hey - that makes me a fascist pig right?
    Makes as much money as possible today and tomorrow can go hang. Yours faithfully British business.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by drob1984 View Post
    I for one hope that we take a new course on globalisation and stop outsourcing skilled engineering jobs (particularly IT) to cheaper cost countries. Though for this to happen businesses need a complete change in outlook, the desire for greater and greater profits needs to stop and instead focus on sustainability, start thinking about service, people, families and a good society. I class all of that as a form of Imperialism (Service above self), but hey - that makes me a fascist pig right?
    The whole problem can be boiled down to the following:

Its too complex for most people to understand let alone manage so they ignore it.

Every company in the world (apart from Apple when under Steve Jobs) is terrified of share holders and so only do things that look good in a quarter benefit the figures.

We have a bubble of old sods growing that in turn have an insatiable pension appetite.

The venture funds compounded the issue by inventing the concept of using leverage funds to buy companies and then dumping their debt back to the victim in the form of a massive debt that could be used to write off tax. So far that stupidity has created a whole mass of companies that do nothing apart from service a debt to a bank and then pay share holders.

Asking not to use the cheap bob from the nearest boat or provide quality materials in the products we buy is mostly pointless now because every penny goes to the shareholders the banks or the bonuses of the fat old ******* at the top of this scheme.

The most terrifying thing is a growing idea that the boomers might skip the next generation and hand the mess over to the snowflakes as they know they are just as selfish and self-righteous as the boomers and clueless to boot.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Has Admin thought about taking out a full page advert in The Daily Mail to attract new members?
    I thought the only people who read the fail came from CUK anyway?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Has Admin thought about taking out a full page advert in The Daily Mail to attract new members?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    For any newbies that join general do you get 30%?
    Plus an extra 20% for not calling NLUK a cockwomble.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    For any newbies that join general do you get 30%?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X